GPS several hundred feet off today

rcpa

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Maps is showing my location to be several hundred feet off from my current location. Claims to be accurate to 5 meters, but is way off. It completely screws up navigation.

I loaded Jelly Bean on Wednesday, and the GPS was working fine on Thursday and Friday, but today it's way off. So I restored my previous ROM using the nandroid backup I made before flashing Jelly Bean, and the GPS is still showing the wrong location. I was hoping it was something global, but my wife's Razr Maxx works fine.

Reactions: dabbotts

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine is WAY off as well. Just started today. Shows me several blocks over. I'm still on AOKP B38, and haven't changed anything.

Muddyml

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah same here. My GPS thought I was driving through the middle of the mall today. I did like 3 battery pulls, toggled GPS on and off...nothing. I turned it off cause I was getting so annoyed with it. On my way back from a friends house about an hour ago it was back to being correct though.

No clue. Sun flares? Its super hot out here today.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

McSlappy

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if there is something going wrong with one of the satellites or something because I had this exact same issue. Normally it's spot on.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It seems that this issue is somewhat common right now. People in the JB thread in Rooting/ROM/Hacks are reporting GPS problems, and that services like Sygic are as well.

This...this is happening regardless of Android version, rom, and phone.

Just saw a post saying it was fixed, so we'll see.

rcpa

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
This...this is happening regardless of Android version, rom, and phone.

Just saw a post saying it was fixed, so we'll see.

Well, mine is still off. When I open maps, it shows me at my house for a few seconds and then moves me about 200 feet away.

Also, before I posted the original post, I borrowed my wife's phone and drove around town. Her Razr Maxx was dead on the whole time.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one with problems.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, mine is still off. When I open maps, it shows me at my house for a few seconds and then moves me about 200 feet away.

Also, before I posted the original post, I borrowed my wife's phone and drove around town. Her Razr Maxx was dead on the whole time.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one with problems.

Weird, I believe I was just in a RAZR forum and they were discussing the same issue lol

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It isn't all phones. Just went outside and tested GPS with a Galaxy Nexus and a ThunderBolt.

The Tbolt showed my corrrect location with an accuracy of 10 meters. The Galaxy Nexus placed me two blocks SW but also indicated an accuracy of 10 meters. I made sure that wifi was off on both phones and verified a GPS lock with GPS Status before opening Maps.

Tbolt is running Maps v 6.9.0 while the Galaxy Nexus is running v 6.9.1. This is starting to look like a Maps issue.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It isn't all phones. Just went outside and tested GPS with a Galaxy Nexus and a ThunderBolt.

The Tbolt showed my corrrect location with an accuracy of 10 meters. The Galaxy Nexus placed me two blocks SW but also indicated an accuracy of 10 meters. I made sure that wifi was off on both phones and verified a GPS lock with GPS Status before opening Maps.

Tbolt is running Maps v 6.9.0 while the Galaxy Nexus is running v 6.9.1. This is starting to look like a Maps issue.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

My maps is only 6.9.0...wtf?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke