Unable to COPY and PASTE or SELECT text with Handcent SMS

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I am running Stock ICS in my Verizon Gnex and am using the newest release of Handcent.

Has anyone else noticed that the ability to long-press and being up the copy/paste/select options don't show up when typing messages in Handcent? Very frustrating and is the only thing that keeps me going back to GO SMS

I have noticed, however, that if I open the "full editor" in Handcent, I get the long-press functionality back - but that workaround is unacceptable.

Thanks,

Matt!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I never use 3rd party messengers for this very fact. They'll usually have one thing but not the other. Why don't you like the stock messenger?

BinaryCode transmission from ParanoidNexus via XpTapaTalk2

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I never use 3rd party messengers for this very fact. They'll usually have one thing but not the other. Why don't you like the stock messenger?

i have been using handcent in order to gain group texting functionality..

the app has some glitches like the one you mentioned but even more annoying is that i will get notifications saying "unfortunately handcent as stopped" when i am not even using the app.. and this happens maybe 3-4 times a day.

the default messages app it great besides the fact that you cant group text.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I use handcent and cut/paste works just fine.

As to why not use the stock messaging.

The stock app doesn't even come close to the having the features as third party apps.

With the 3rd party apps, you can customize the background pic, led, icon, sound, and privacy, all per contact.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Yeah. True. Hand cent does have a lot of features. I understand you guys there. As for group messaging. My messaging app has it. But I'm also rooted and running a rom. That may make the difference

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I use handcent and cut/paste works just fine.

As to why not use the stock messaging.

The stock app doesn't even come close to the having the features as third party apps.

With the 3rd party apps, you can customize the background pic, led, icon, sound, and privacy, all per contact.

So, while typing, you can long-press and have the default select, copy and paste icons show at the top of the screen just like everywhere else in ice cream sandwich?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So, while typing, you can long-press and have the default select, copy and paste icons show at the top of the screen just like everywhere else in ice cream sandwich?

That may have more to do with your keyboard. You running the stock keyboard?

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
That may have more to do with your keyboard. You running the stock keyboard?

Good thinking, but even the stock KB results in the same situation.

452f7611-28c1-2eae.jpg

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

No, it's all or nothing unless as you said you use the full editor, but that's part if why they made the full editor, so you can see the entire message instead if just a few lines.

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
i just tried this and i can paste into the normal handcent text box but cannot press with both thumbs to get the copy / paste menu to come up unless i am in the full editor. you can select a previously sent message and copy all of the text with handcent too

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
i just tried this and i can paste into the normal handcent text box but cannot press with both thumbs to get the copy / paste menu to come up unless i am in the full editor. you can select a previously sent message and copy all of the text with handcent too

Pressing with both thumbs? Never even heard of that