Coming from an iPhone 4s

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking of trading my 4s for a gnex are These signal complaints and battery all that bad? I am a rooter and would throw a jellybean rom on there ASAP just need to know from others romers and rooters are there still many "issues" with the phone reason for Change is I'm just bored with ios

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Some of us don't have any signal problems, but others do. It seems to be the luck of the draw.

I'm lucky in that I haven't had a lot of issues with my phone; I've had a great experience. Battery life isn't much different from my Droid X.

If you get one and it's problematic, don't hesitate to swap it out for another until you get one that is right.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Go for it man. ICS was awesome. Jellybean is better than awesome. I haven't had an issue with signal or battery life at all. Once you root you're good. There's a lot of development out there for the nexus. The nexus is purely awesome although I'm looking with licking lips at the S3

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking of trading my 4s for a gnex are These signal complaints and battery all that bad? I am a rooter and would throw a jellybean rom on there ASAP just need to know from others romers and rooters are there still many "issues" with the phone reason for Change is I'm just bored with ios

I wouldn't trade my trinity-powered, Jelly-Bean consuming GN for the world at the moment.

Not sure if that helps though...:)

fstop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to a whole new wonderful world. Majority of owners don't have a problem. You just don't hear from us. Unlike your former device, this one has a removable battery. I carry a spare and never measurebate about battery life.

Sent from the Galaxy Nexus far, far away.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
BadaBing! You got a bunch of answers right away. I just replied to the thread and there wasn't anything here. Its a nice phone. Excellent device. I was gonna buy the extended battery for myself and my wife but after a good rom and kernel. It just wasn't a justified expense.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest to ask the person you are trading for to check and see if it was made in Korea. I've noticed that the devices made in Korea are acting much better than the ones made in, I think China. The Nexus and JB will blow you away

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest to ask the person you are trading for to check and see if it was made in Korea. I've noticed that the devices made in Korea are acting much better than the ones made in, I think China. The Nexus and JB will blow you away

As far as country of origin goes, I've had the same experience. And ditto on that last statement.

Reactions: svfd757

superjamz

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus I have has a better signal then the Razr MAXX it replaced. Its a luck of the draw really. If the battery is an issue carry a charger. I had an Iphoe 4,, the only thing I really miss is the headphone controls on the headphone aren't supported very well on all Android devices. They do work almost as well on the Nexus. You just can't control the volume from the headphone.

superjamz

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
BT headphones should work fine; the Apple centric headphones don't and some phone manufacturers i.e. Motorola wont allow any button to work