Let's guess how long our JB official OTA will take!

doomtuba

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, we are well aware that we can have JB now if we root and flash our phones. Not all of us are technically inclined and don't want to accidentally brick our phones. I'm guessing we'll see it in the first week of November.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
seeing how long it took for 4.04, there was obviously a reason (conspiracy) that 4.1 was already in talks and being worked up by google/verizon.

when google said jb will come out mid july, theres a good chance that verizon already had 4.1 and was getting it ready to push it out faster than 4.04.

i think itll come out end of july early august (im leaning towards july) for the sake of sales for Q4 and bumping any last min purchases for Q3

superjamz

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
seeing how long it took for 4.04, there was obviously a reason (conspiracy) that 4.1 was already in talks and being worked up by google/verizon.

when google said jb will come out mid july, theres a good chance that verizon already had 4.1 and was getting it ready to push it out faster than 4.04.

i think itll come out end of july early august (im leaning towards july) for the sake of sales for Q4 and bumping any last min purchases for Q3

4.04 was a Verizon fix not a Google. We should get the Google update on-time whether everything actually works is a different story. As long as they use the radios from 4.04 it should be ontime, though.

reeper55

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Wrong, 4.04 was totally a Google update! It just rook forever for Verizon to pass it through QC.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

FrankTheTank369#AC

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus is being displayed on the Play Store as "Coming Soon" and will have Jelly Bean installed for new customers therefore it should be safe to say the next update should be hitting our phones starting next week.

centerwaters

May 2, 2012
Visit site
It will be available OTA on the morning of December 25, 2012. (Christmas Day)

Oh wait.... isn't something supposed to happen on December 21, 2012?

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I get the feeling it'll be sooner than the 4.0.4 update was...especially with the ban in place, I wonder if Google is giving incentive for Verizon to push the update quicker through their quality control process since Google is insistent that JB is infringement free from Apple's patent (at least the universal search one).

At least for those who flash third party ROMs, AOSP will be dropped soon enough...so there's that for those impatient like me. :) Although I'm admittedly using one of the more stable JB ports.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I get the feeling it'll be sooner than the 4.0.4 update was...especially with the ban in place, I wonder if Google is giving incentive for Verizon to push the update quicker through their quality control process since Google is insistent that JB is infringement free from Apple's patent (at least the universal search one).

At least for those who flash third party ROMs, AOSP will be dropped soon enough...so there's that for those impatient like me. :) Although I'm admittedly using one of the more stable JB ports.

Great point on the ban. That is sales loss to VZW especially with Jelly Bean on the way and the news being so positive for the newest version. VZW will not mess this one up, I think the last one just had a lot more things to work out. Look how well the first Liquid Jelly bean rom worked on the Galaxy Nexus. AT least for me it did.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site

Didn't BlackBerry have the universal search feature prior to crApple?!

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I would think the sales ban would be extended to Verizon if they tried to sell GNexs without the JB Update. So I could see them working with Google to get them updated as soon as possible. Although I could also see them just removing the Galaxy Nexus from the shelves and announcing that they have reached End of Life thus never having to push the JB update to existing users.

Last edited:

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't care. I don't want a ported ROM. I want a full ROM leak. I've been on 4.0.4 since January. Been happy with stability and radios since. I think I can wait for Butter til the full Nexus leak arrives.:cool: