Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default JellyBean Browser vs Chrome

Hello Everyone,

I am curious if anyone with the Jelly Bean Roms have noticed how good the stock browser is on the Galaxy Nexus. I know that the Nexus 7 is having Chrome as the standard browser, but on the Nexus Both Browsers are there.

The Jelly Bean Browser Borders on Safari Speed with Fluid animations and instant pinch to zoom. While I like Chrome for the syncing across all platforms, it just doesn't have that speed still.

ICS it seemed that chrome was better, but man I think the stock browser on jelly bean simply kicks Chromes ***.

What do you guys think? Or if you haven't try them and see the difference.

Default Re: JellyBean Browser vs Chrome

I've noticed the same thing. Real tempting to switch back to the stock browser. But I actually use the syncing features.

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

I've noticed the same thing. The stock browser is so smooth now, while chrome still stutters a bit. But, I do like the tabs on chrome better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I would also agree that stock is smooth and seeing flash is still working at the moment I'm going to use it until flash no longer works.

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

I tried it out and I agree that it is a bit faster, and I like the labs feature with the quick actions. But is there a way to use it without logging on with my gmail account? If I can't get the shared tabs from Chrome, I might as well use this as a "incognito" browser. When first used it, it logged me in, but I don't see how to log out.

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    I tried it out and I agree that it is a bit faster, and I like the labs feature with the quick actions. But is there a way to use it without logging on with my gmail account? If I can't get the shared tabs from Chrome, I might as well use this as a "incognito" browser. When first used it, it logged me in, but I don't see how to log out.
    I do believe loging in is mandatory

Edit : in settings under basics click your email and from there u can log out.

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

Hmm, I am not seeing "basics", I see General, but there is no log out there. Maybe I don't have the JB stock after all. But I do see that there is an incognito mode, so I could always use that. But it would be nice to know the entire browser is always incognito.

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It should be there

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JellyBean Browser vs Chrome-uploadfromtaptalk1341602032347.jpg  

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

ah, that is in Chrome, I was talking about the stock JB browser. I want Chrome to stay logged in so that I have access to my tabs, etc. But I would like the stock browser to be signed out. That is where I can't find any way to log out.

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Oh. That's easy clear all data from the browser and then in accounts and sync in the settings uncheck browser.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JellyBean Browser vs Chrome-uploadfromtaptalk1341604266871.jpg  

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

OK, I cleared all the data, but in my settings, I don't have an Accounts and Sync, just an Accounts, with Dropbox and Google right below it and "Add account", when I press on Google, it just has the account name and some privacy settings, but doesn't have that list of apps to sync with it. Maybe this is something to do with my particular JB Rom.

I've been using Chrome, as I did in ICS. It seems incredibly smooth to me compared to how it was on AOKP and other ICS ROMs.

VanirBEAN v7 / PopcornKernel v11.5

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Settings under accounts click Google then click your email address then it should bring you to the screen where u uncheck browser
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yodatom10 View Post
    Settings under accounts click Google then click your email address then it should bring you to the screen where u uncheck browser
    Ahhh, got it!! Thanks!

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Ahhh, got it!! Thanks!
    No problem I keep forgetting Google changed the account and sync layout in jellybean.

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

Yes, I thought clicking on the actual account would be a toggle log-in/log-out altogether. Not very intuitive.

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

The newest Firefox is pretty solid also, I haven't really used the stock browser since I flashed JB simply because I love the syncing features in Chrome and FF...Ill give it a try tho!