Connection Problems

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues with their Galaxy Nexus dropping all connections? For example, my Galaxy Nexus will routinely drop both WiFi and the 3G/4G signal. Is anyone else having this problem?

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
This has been a reported issue with some gnex. Time to go to Verizon and get it replaced

Dang! Will Verizon ship me another Galaxy Nexus, or something else? Any idea if the issue is hardware or software?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Its hardware. Call there 1800# and they will ship one to you. And when they ask you to do a factory reset just tell them you already did it. A reset won't fix it and it will save you time

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Its hardware. Call there 1800# and they will ship one to you. And when they ask you to do a factory reset just tell them you already did it. A reset won't fix it and it will save you time

I did a factory rest earlier this week and it didn't help at all. I'll give them a call. I hope that they'll send me another Nexus, or at worst a Rezound. I'm not a Motorola fan after having six Droid 2's.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm on hold with tech support now...hopefully it'll work. They wanted to just mail me a new SIM card out, but I made sure that he knew that it was an issue on WiFi also.

radar320

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I bought my nexus on 7/3/12. On 7/4/12 I went back to Verizon because of issues with no service. They replaced the sim card. This did not change anything. On 7/5/12, I did some playing around with the phone and found that if I kept the phone on CDMA mode only, I had no drops in both 3g and 4g markets. As soon as I went back to LTE/CDMA mode, I lost all service. Yesterday I went back to Verizon with this information and they switched it out for a new Nexus right there in the store. I have only had one drop since the exchange.

The_colombian

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading that its a hardware problem but I took mine in to the verizon store yesterday and they swapped the sim card out and it has better connection at home. Not sure about work yet but I will now by Monday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been reading that its a hardware problem but I took mine in to the verizon store yesterday and they swapped the sim card out and it has better connection at home. Not sure about work yet but I will now by Monday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Would the SIM Card affect WiFi though?

radar320

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Come to think of it, I had issues Thursday keeping wifi connection. Sounds like you are in the same boat I was in, and have a defective phone. I would get a new one.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't see it being hardware since it is happening across all android phones on Verizon. My stock Rezound can't keep a 4g signal now for a few weeks. Before that I had no trouble. I say it is on verizons end.

--------------------------------------------------
There is a clause in the contract which specifically states any systematized transmission indicating a possible intelligent origin must be investigated. --Ash

Reactions: Revolutionary

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11