Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    ItnStln511's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

    Default Connection Problems

    Has anyone else had issues with their Galaxy Nexus dropping all connections? For example, my Galaxy Nexus will routinely drop both WiFi and the 3G/4G signal. Is anyone else having this problem?
  2. #2  
    yodatom10's Avatar

    Posts
    1,884 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Connection Problems

    This has been a reported issue with some gnex. Time to go to Verizon and get it replaced
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Connection Problems

    Yep. It's a known issue. Get your phone replaced.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    ItnStln511's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yodatom10 View Post
    This has been a reported issue with some gnex. Time to go to Verizon and get it replaced
    Dang! Will Verizon ship me another Galaxy Nexus, or something else? Any idea if the issue is hardware or software?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    ItnStln511's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJT View Post
    Yep. It's a known issue. Get your phone replaced.
    That's what I was afraid of...thank you!

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  6. #6  
    yodatom10's Avatar

    Posts
    1,884 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Connection Problems

    Its hardware. Call there 1800# and they will ship one to you. And when they ask you to do a factory reset just tell them you already did it. A reset won't fix it and it will save you time
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    ItnStln511's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yodatom10 View Post
    Its hardware. Call there 1800# and they will ship one to you. And when they ask you to do a factory reset just tell them you already did it. A reset won't fix it and it will save you time
    I did a factory rest earlier this week and it didn't help at all. I'll give them a call. I hope that they'll send me another Nexus, or at worst a Rezound. I'm not a Motorola fan after having six Droid 2's.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Connection Problems

    If it's within warranty, they'll send you a new one. Some people went through several before getting one that workedl
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    ItnStln511's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    If it's within warranty, they'll send you a new one. Some people went through several before getting one that workedl
    That's crazy.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    ItnStln511's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

    Default

    I'm on hold with tech support now...hopefully it'll work. They wanted to just mail me a new SIM card out, but I made sure that he knew that it was an issue on WiFi also.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Connection Problems

    I bought my nexus on 7/3/12. On 7/4/12 I went back to Verizon because of issues with no service. They replaced the sim card. This did not change anything. On 7/5/12, I did some playing around with the phone and found that if I kept the phone on CDMA mode only, I had no drops in both 3g and 4g markets. As soon as I went back to LTE/CDMA mode, I lost all service. Yesterday I went back to Verizon with this information and they switched it out for a new Nexus right there in the store. I have only had one drop since the exchange.
  12. #12  

    Default

    I've been reading that its a hardware problem but I took mine in to the verizon store yesterday and they swapped the sim card out and it has better connection at home. Not sure about work yet but I will now by Monday.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    ItnStln511's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_colombian1 View Post
    I've been reading that its a hardware problem but I took mine in to the verizon store yesterday and they swapped the sim card out and it has better connection at home. Not sure about work yet but I will now by Monday.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Would the SIM Card affect WiFi though?
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Connection Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln511 View Post
    Would the SIM Card affect WiFi though?
    It would not -- at least, it's highly unlikely. Are you running stock, or a custom ROM/kernel?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    ItnStln511's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumenii View Post
    It would not -- at least, it's highly unlikely. Are you running stock, or a custom ROM/kernel?
    I'm running stock.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Connection Problems

    Come to think of it, I had issues Thursday keeping wifi connection. Sounds like you are in the same boat I was in, and have a defective phone. I would get a new one.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    ItnStln511's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radar320 View Post
    Come to think of it, I had issues Thursday keeping wifi connection. Sounds like you are in the same boat I was in, and have a defective phone. I would get a new one.
    They're sending me another one...I should have it by Tuesday.
  18. #18  
    sicario666's Avatar
    AndroidSkull

    Posts
    3,379 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln511 View Post
    They're sending me another one...I should have it by Tuesday.
    Don't forget that the Verizon fixall is the good ol factory reset. Which isn't true. Obviously

    Bounced off of my JellyBelly into your eye.
  19. #19  

    Default

    I don't see it being hardware since it is happening across all android phones on Verizon. My stock Rezound can't keep a 4g signal now for a few weeks. Before that I had no trouble. I say it is on verizons end.


    --------------------------------------------------
    There is a clause in the contract which specifically states any systematized transmission indicating a possible intelligent origin must be investigated. --Ash
    Thanked by:
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    ItnStln511's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    Don't forget that the Verizon fixall is the good ol factory reset. Which isn't true. Obviously

    Bounced off of my JellyBelly into your eye.
    Yeah, no kidding there!

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    ItnStln511's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    I don't see it being hardware since it is happening across all android phones on Verizon. My stock Rezound can't keep a 4g signal now for a few weeks. Before that I had no trouble. I say it is on verizons end.


    --------------------------------------------------
    There is a clause in the contract which specifically states any systematized transmission indicating a possible intelligent origin must be investigated. --Ash
    That I didn't know...thanks for the tip. Mine did get worse after that storm earlier this month. I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence or not.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    ItnStln511's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

    Default Re: Connection Problems

    And I just got my refurbished Galaxy Nexus in the mail today. Would you believe that the problem is WORSE on the replacement device?
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Connection Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln511 View Post
    And I just got my refurbished Galaxy Nexus in the mail today. Would you believe that the problem is WORSE on the replacement device?
    Is it a Verizon Galaxy Nexus? Then, yup!
  24. #24  
    ajnevares's Avatar

    Posts
    164 Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln511 View Post
    And I just got my refurbished Galaxy Nexus in the mail today. Would you believe that the problem is WORSE on the replacement device?
    Same here, I'm on number 3 and still having the issue, but in all fairness Nexus #2 did not have signal problems on 4G, just #1 and #3. #2 had a terrible screen,anytime I switched to an app with a light colored screen, I can still see the imprint of the icons on the home screen. Also, the colors seemed very dull.

    Phone is pretty amazing on 3G and Wi-Fi, too bad Wi-Fi is limited where I am and 3G is slow

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  25. #25  

    Default

    My wife has been having issues with her's as well. Verizon said there is a known issue for this and they are working with Samsung on a fix. Unfortunately they have no eta on the fix though. They said reset will not fix it and a new sim doesn't help either. I had another one sent out but it was just as bad. I sent the second one back and kept the original since it was brand new... Guess we hurry up and wait...

    Sent from my Thunderbolt.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B