Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    AOKP/Francos K/4.1.1

Default Voicemail notification with no new voicemail

I have a voicemail notification that I can't seem to clear. I use google voicemail so I'm clueless on how it happened. If I call my voicemail it says I have no new messages. The Google voice app also says I don't have any new messages. I'm running the latest aokp and use nova launcher. Does anyone know how to clear this thing?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Voicemail notification with no new voicemail-uploadfromtaptalk1341776287933.jpg   Voicemail notification with no new voicemail-uploadfromtaptalk1341776327154.jpg  
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

ROM
    AOKP/Francos K/4.1.1

Here is another screenshot. It says its from 12-31-99 and thats definitely wrong :-)

>Swagger
    Wut

Did you try rebooting the phone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    AOKP/Francos K/4.1.1

Yep, even pulled the battery twice. Pulled the sim card too

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Voicemail notification with no new voicemail

Try changing your voice mail to Verizon call it make sure there are no old messages on there and then change it back to Google voice

Last edited by yodatom10; 07-08-2012 at 06:29 PM.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    AOKP/Francos K/4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by yodatom10 View Post
    Try changing your voice mail to Verizon call it make sure there are no old messages on there and then change it back to Google voice

i switched it to my carrier then called the voicemail, it told me i had no messages. then i rebooted. i then tried switching it back to google voice and it has been sitting like this for about 5 minutes. is it time for me to panic? lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Voicemail notification with no new voicemail-screenshot_2012-07-08-21-29-14.jpg  

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by chriscw81 View Post
    i switched it to my carrier then called the voicemail, it told me i had no messages. then i rebooted. i then tried switching it back to google voice and it has been sitting like this for about 5 minutes. is it time for me to panic? lol
    Not yet try pulling the battery and see what happens
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    AOKP/Francos K/4.1.1

it sat like that for literally 9 minutes and i rebooted. no change. if it matters, it's making a notification sound while booting up, that's also not normal. it's like it's notifying me of a voicemail i dont have when i reboot. this is driving my nuts.

I've had this on several phones the voicemail that never goes away I always had to wipe the phone for itto go away iI never call my VM I always just read them

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Time to wipe. :-( u could take this chance to get on JB:-)
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    AOKP/Francos K/4.1.1

did another battery pull with no joy. i looked and it is still set to "google voice". anyone think un/reinstalling google voice would matter?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    AOKP/Francos K/4.1.1

yeah, you're probably right. i was just trying to avoid wiping. then again, all the time i've spent, i could have went to JB by now lol

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

did another battery pull with no joy. i looked and it is still set to "google voice". anyone think un/reinstalling google voice would matter?
    Its worth a shot'
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

ROM
    AOKP/Francos K/4.1.1

no change, time to move to JB. thanks for the help

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

no change, time to move to JB. thanks for the help

You will like jellybean.

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

The message is in the VZW mailbox. Dial *73 and hit send. This will disable the call forwarding for Google voice. Now dial *86. Enter your PIN and I bet the message is there. Delete it. Now dial *71 and your Google voice number. Hit send and you are back to Google voice. The voice mail setting in the settings menu doesn't do anything. You have to disable the call forwarding on VZWs network to get to the normal voice mail.

Sometimes a call slips by the forwarding. It happens on occasion.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

ROM
    AOKP/Francos K/4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Jet300 View Post
    The message is in the VZW mailbox. Dial *73 and hit send. This will disable the call forwarding for Google voice. Now dial *86. Enter your PIN and I bet the message is there. Delete it. Now dial *71 and your Google voice number. Hit send and you are back to Google voice. The voice mail setting in the settings menu doesn't do anything. You have to disable the call forwarding on VZWs network to get to the normal voice mail.

Jet300....you are my android hero!!!!!!!! that worked perfectly :-)

no tricks ever worked for me...always had to wipe clean

btw, when i have this problem, its because someone calls when i am on a plane. not sure if its coincidence or not

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

Jet300....you are my android hero!!!!!!!! that worked perfectly :-)
    Glad I could help.

It was a big source of frustration for me too. Oh. One other helpful tidbit .. I have found that if the message is stuck in VZW's mailbox, you can wipe your phone and flash new ROMs till your blue in the face, heck you can even change devices, but when your phone reactivates, VZW is going to tell you that you have a message ... Carrier VM is linked to the phone number, not the device.

That being said ... Go flash JB ... You're going to love it!
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

ROM
    AOKP/Francos K/4.1.1

Yep, I flashed tr4nscend last night but went back so I wouldn't have to set everything up late at night.......and about 6 beers in :-) I'm definitely gonna flash it again tonight after work. Out of vanirbean and tr4nscend which do you think is better?

Thank you so much. I was having the same issue and this worked for me!

I am having the same issue but on AT&T... and clue on how to clear?

JB allows you to do this nice trick in notifications area - press and hold on a notification, press About app, details about "Phone" pop up - just stop the app and clear its data, you shouldn't be getting any more unread voice mail notification unless there is an actual voice mail waiting..

Edit: worked only until reboot, sorry

Edit: what seems to have helped for good is chatting with a carrier rep. (T-Mobile in my case) and asking him to activate my voicemail, which I called then, set my PIN, and asked him to deactivate it again. No notification, even after a reboot. Of course if you actually use your voicemail, simply call it and leave a message or try having it deactivated and activated again instead! Whatever works better for you.
    Last edited by d14b0ll0s; 02-15-2013 at 07:03 PM.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus through Sprint (and am also not tech saavy at all, so instructions have to be pretty basic :/)

I'm having the same issue - vmail notification, but no message when I call . Just tried this and I got a message saying the code I called isn't valid. Were those instructions specific to Verizon phones? Any other ideas? It's driving me bananas am I'm trying to avoid wiping!

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus through Sprint (and am also not tech saavy at all, so instructions have to be pretty basic :/)

I'm having the same issue - vmail notification, but no message when I call . Just tried this and I got a message saying the code I called isn't valid. Were those instructions specific to Verizon phones? Any other ideas? It's driving me bananas am I'm trying to avoid wiping!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast