1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon GNex in Play Store?

Is there any chance that the Play Store will eventually sell the CDMA variant of the Galaxy Nexus? I'm on Verizon and would like to get the GNex but I want to buy off contract so I don't lose my unlimited data.

If there is no chance this will happen... any suggestions on the best place to buy a GNex for cheap?

Default Re: Verizon GNex in Play Store?

I'm guessing that the Verizon Galaxy Nexus will be on the Google Play store sometime around never.

Your best bet to buy one off contract would probably be to try somewhere like Craig's List.

31st of February

It'll never happen. Just pay full price and refuse the renewal.

Or buy secondhand and activate it yourself.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Yeah. They discussed this on the last AC Podcast. It'll most likely happen with future Nexus
    phones. Not this current one. Just too many differences with carriers using different bands
    and frequencies for LTE.

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You can go to Verizon and pay full price for it. And u won't lose unlimited data. If I remember correctly.
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by forever29 View Post
    Yeah. They discussed this on the last AC Podcast. It'll most likely happen with future Nexus
    phones. Not this current one. Just too many differences with carriers using different bands
    and frequencies for LTE.
    Verizon customers get the shaft in so many ways. I really wish I lived in an area where another provider had decent coverage but I am pretty much stuck.

I'd hop on a Gnex from the Play Store in a second if there was a CDMA version available.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yodatom10 View Post
    You can go to Verizon and pay full price for it. And u won't lose unlimited data. If I remember correctly.
    I believe you are right but the reason people want it from the Play Store is price. $300 less than Verizon.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by mgftp View Post
    Verizon customers get the shaft in so many ways. I really wish I lived in an area where another provider had decent coverage but I am pretty much stuck.

I'd hop on a Gnex from the Play Store in a second if there was a CDMA version available.
    I completely agree. Verizon has the best coverage (3G, voice, and especially 4G) in my area so there is no reason for me to switch. Plus I'm grandfathered in to unlimited data so I might as well stay. I just need a good 4G phone.

I believe you are right but the reason people want it from the Play Store is price. $300 less than Verizon.
    Exactly. There is no way I'm going to pay $600+ when I see that Google is selling them for $350. I'll just keep looking for something used I guess.

They do. And from Verizon, lol.

I don't think it has much to do with being on Verizon as it does with LTE capabilities on different
    bands and frequencies with different radios. Once LTE becomes more of a standard chipsets
    and radios will be more forthright, allowing Google to sell solely one Nexus that will work for
    GSM carriers and CDMA carriers using LTE.

My boss just upgrade his phone at a Verizon store. The gave him the options of a couple (not all, mainly LTE) that he could choose from and KEEP his unlimited data. The Nexus was one of them. This was done within the last 2 weeks. Trying going into the store and maybe you will have the same luck. He obviously has to sign a new contract though.