if VZW GN gets official OTA JB now, will it affect VZW GS3 sales?

if VZW GN gets official OTA JB now, will it affect VZW GS3 sales?

• Total voters

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: if VZW GN gets official OTA JB now, will it affect VZW GS3 sa

Gawd them vz sales associates are dumb. I think they need to pass a "stupid" test before employment. Too smart and no job. :p

Smart employees will spend too much time on the job playing with the phones,
so VZW HR usually steer clear of them.

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Smart employees will spend too much time on the job playing with the phones,
so VZW HR usually steer clear of them.

If i worked there id do that. But it would be ok because i could actually help people that are looking for phones so id be productive and sell well and earn my play time

bigboi3021

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site

I chose the GNex over the GSIII specifically because of the update. I just got the VZW GN, rooted with Jelly Bean Kernal and ROM. JB is beautiful, especially the notifications and Google Now.

peregrinesfury

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

Gawd them vz sales associates are dumb. I think they need to pass a "stupid" test before employment. Too smart and no job. :p

wow, there is a lot of hate here. I am a VZW sales rep, I am also working on BOTH my computer science and electrical engineering degree's. (VZW is paying BTW). I also own the galaxy nexus.

I will say that i am one of only two employees at my location that really know or care about the jellybean update. I am also the only one at my location that has actively sold the galaxy nexus. The other employees stick with phones that they believe are tried and true with customers. namely the iphone and the Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX. They are generally worried more about the customer returning the device( Which affects their paycheck) then spewing the benefits of a software update.

This has nothing to do with the way verizon has trained their employees. All of us drove an hour and a half to go to an all day training covering the galaxy nexus and ICS before it launched. The difference between me (and others on this forum) and the other reps is that we are actually interested in the technology, the other reps (in my location) are not. The job is a commissioned sales job. The store managers hire people who will sell, not necessarily those who enjoy the tech. You are more apt to get hired if you have a marketing background then an IT or computer science background. ( I was lucky).

Once again, it is not that VZW hasn't tried to educate its employees. they have one of the best training programs I have ever seen ( i've worked for best buy, then at&t customer care, then a local cell phone company before verizon). Most of the other employees in my location have bachelor degrees. Its that most of the reps only care about their wallets and not selling a few specific devices they know about.

The reason is that most customers simply don't care. They want a phone that works and dont care about "Ice cream sandwich" or " jelly bean". Their eyes will gloss over if you try to explain. trust me.

sorry for the rant, I just wanted to clarify.

oh, and to answer the question.

No. (at least not significantly) due to the reasons I explained above. Even though VZW will let all the reps know whats so good about it, most reps will continue selling the phones that are tries and true to them.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

Wait... I take that back... some VZW corporate store employees are just as bad. I actually heard
one telling me that "iPhones are iPhones, there's nothing cooler than iPhones, even if
you buy the this flagship Android phone... you don't have a SMART phone unless you get the iPhone"
(he was pointing towards the Galaxy Nexus at the time... this was a couple of months ago) :mad:
I'm normally a very peaceful person, but at that moment, I had the urge to punch him in the face. :(

This is the plan: Youre going to tell me where this store is located, were going to meet up, were going to wait for that guy until get goes on break outside the building, then were both going to punch him in the face as hard as possible and then grab his precious fruit phone and use it to say "siri, i need help, i just got punched in the face" and watch siri utterly fail.

im sorry...was that too violent? :p

"how about a magic trick?"

Last edited:
Reactions: xFORTRESSx

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

This is the plan: Youre going to tell me where this store is located, were going to meet up, were going to wait for that guy until get goes on break outside the building, then were both going to punch him in the face as hard as possible and then grab his precious fruit phone and use it to say "siri, i need help, i just got punched in the face" and watch siri utterly fail.

im sorry...was that too violent? :p

"how about a magic trick?"

Siri's response: "Tom Cruise is on the way"

Reactions: xFORTRESSx

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

If a customer comes in and wants a phone that will do all of the exact stuff that he saw in the GSIII commercial, then JB isn't going to change his mind. That customer is going to get a GSIII.