Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Signal problems with the galaxy nexus :(

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgerunner20 View Post
    I'm seriously considering about sending this phone back to verizon. How would I go about locking back up the boot loader, and unrooting the phone? Thanks for any help guys.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...7-14-12-a.html
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

They said that back in Jan. And it took 5 months for them to release 4.0.4 the software there talking about this time is 4.1.1 jelly bean which should drop in couple months. This is vzw issue Samsung phones suck on the radio side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender0715 View Post
    Just got done with talking to Verizon for the third time this week about this issue...

Verizon has said that this is a known issue and they officially as of July 16th are working on a new software release to fix this issue and will not replace my device. This being a Network issue they will be doing this as quickly as possible...

I am hoping that this will fix my issues... Just hope that it will come out soon...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Went to Verizon today and they said that it is a software issue they are currently working on....couldn't give a time line. They said it appears to be a 4G issue directly. I switched it strictly 3g about two hours ago and have had no dropouts to speak of. I know that defeats the purpose of having a 4G phone, but I least i can make calls now.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Hey guys, here's a good example of that's wrong with my phone. Notice, I have no 4g or 3g at the time I took the screen shot (It was also that way every time I got up last night). Also, I went from a full charge to fourteen percent in six hours, that's sad (With very little use). One more thing is the awake time, I bet all the time the phone was on, I had no signal. Almost all of my phones I've had have this problem to a greater or lesser existent. Any thoughts on a fix or should I just replace it? Thanks.

Edit, as of the moment I have no signal
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Signal problems with the galaxy nexus :(-screenshot_2012-07-20-10-56-50.jpg   Signal problems with the galaxy nexus :(-screenshot_2012-07-20-11-30-33.jpg  
    Last edited by Ridgerunner20; 07-20-2012 at 01:55 PM.

I agree with you on that the 0 9 did not have those issues I actually received the replacement last month it had to build number of the I 515.09 my current 1 is on at 10 the only thing with the 09 was the power cycling on and off

Just a follow-up.. Verizon network teamed called to inform me that this issue is confirmed to be a software related problem on the affected devices and Verizon with the assistance of Samsung will be releasing a software update to address it.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

I really hope it's sooner rather then later. Did they give an eta? Days, weeks, months?

The ETA will be next year I'm sure so get ready for nothing

Just "soon". But at least the problem is acknowledged. A temporary workaround is in network mode, choose cdma rather than lte/cdma. At least the signal drops will stop.

I really hope it's sooner rather then later. Did they give an eta? Days, weeks, months?

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by spltngheadache View Post
    Mine is on a truck right now on its way .. I won't receive it until Friday. I'll let you know when I receive it what its details are and my success with it.

I may have gotten lucky .. the tech rep I spoke to had a Galaxy Nexus personally and has experienced the issue so he was very willing to help. If one rep isn't helpful maybe try calling back and see if you get someone else? Again good luck
    I got my replacement. while 4G is seemingly fragile driving around town -- its rock solid staying in one place. The new one is hardware version 12.01 -- old one was 11.12. I don't know if that makes a difference. I'm happy with this one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Well jelly has no binary codes in it
    For radio improvements, its mostly about UI layout enhancements so I don't understand why VZW would be dragging there feet. Unless there so understaffed in that department for testing software.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

I had worse issues with my Stratosphere. Some RAZR owners have had similar issues. The best explanation I've seen is the LTE chip sets are relatively new. 3G had the same growing pains when new. Hopefully next generation LTE chip sets won't have these problems. Verizon was one of the first big carriers to implement LTE.

This is the best explanation iv seen around

Get a new provider.. If your phone is always searching no matter the device, it's the service. No matter the device, if it is always searching for service it will die wayyyyy faster than it should.. wake up dude and look into a new service.

Another problem my phone is having is insanely bad battery life. For instance, I can go to bed with a full charge (Btw extended battery 2100mah) and by the time I wake up, it's completely dead.
    May I ask where you acquired your 2100mAh battery,
    as I have the same problem regarding lack of longevity of battery life.
    Thanks!

P. S. - Can the Gnex be charged with a Qi charger?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Hey urquattro83, you can get the extended battery that I'm using in my phone at amazon, here's the link Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (i515) Extended Battery with Battery Cover: Cell Phones & Accessories Also, I'm not sure if the galaxy nexus works with a Qi charger. Does anyone else here know if it does?
    Thanked by:

Hey urquattro83, you can get the extended battery that I'm using in my phone at amazon, here's the link Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (i515) Extended Battery with Battery Cover: Cell Phones & Accessories Also, I'm not sure if the galaxy nexus works with a Qi charger.
    Thanks Ridgerunner, d I need a new battery cover or with the same one
    that covers my 1850 mAh battery cover the extended-life battery?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

You will need a new cover for the battery. The one I linked to amazon comes with a new back cover.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12