Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MRW1215
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Amazon Instant video on JB

Anyone running Jelly Bean able to watch amazon prime videos on it? I've heard JB gets rid of flash altogether, and right now to watch AIV I go to the browser, so I think its flash based. Does this mean if I root and go JB early that I will lose the ability to watch prime videos?

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I've heard amazon vids are flash based so, yes that would be an issue. To be clear tho.. Adobe pulled the plug on more flash development, notsomuch Google.

There are workarounds.. You can sideload or flash a zip of flash player then you just need to use a browser that supports it, like the stock one instead of chrome. However it won't be error proof and won't be officially supported, so don't expect it to work 100% or forever.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Amazon Instant video on JB

I wish someone could've been able to get the official AIV app from the Kindle Fire to work on phones/ tablets/ etc. For the brief time I used a Kindle Fire, that was a neat little app.
    xdalaw likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

That's a pretty big bummer for me. I was thinking I would finally root my first phone..mostly to check out Google Now. But I use AIV so often I just don't think I wanna do it anymore. I guess eventually I'll have to make the jump when the OTA comes.
    So that means no AIV on the nexus 7 either?
    Thanks for the info guys

ROM
    Infected ROM Eternity

The way I do it on my Tbolt is pretty simple and uses the actual kindle app.
    Get the kindle amazon instant video apk. Install and restart your phone. It won't work if it detecta root so you must unroot every time.
    I use the Voodoo OTA rootkeeper app from the market. Once installed you just push one button for temp unroot load AIV app sign in with prime account and select video, then you can watch the movie.
    You can hit the same button to gain root again anytime you want.
    It is easy, I'll try to find the original thread where I read how to do this this.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by mrbates View Post
    The way I do it on my Tbolt is pretty simple and uses the actual kindle app.
    Get the kindle amazon instant video apk. Install and restart your phone. It won't work if it detecta root so you must unroot every time.
    I use the Voodoo OTA rootkeeper app from the market. Once installed you just push one button for temp unroot load AIV app sign in with prime account and select video, then you can watch the movie.
    You can hit the same button to gain root again anytime you want.
    It is easy, I'll try to find the original thread where I read how to do this this.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    That would be great! Thank you!

ROM
    Infected ROM Eternity

Default Re: Amazon Instant video on JB

Quote Originally Posted by bmoore09 View Post
    That would be great! Thank you!

Here are the original instructions as this was not my idea, but I was able to followed the instructions and get AIV running on my devices.