Pull up contacts from stock dial pad?

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if this is possible with jelly bean. When I was running aokp on 4.0.4 I could go to the stock dial pad and use the dial pad(not the qwerty keyboard) to search for contacts. This may have been a feature of aokp, I can't say because I'm now running bugless beast 7/13. I know I can get dialers from the play store but I really like the stock dialer. Sorry if this should actually be in the rom section, wasn't sure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jamontoast1291

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if this is possible with jelly bean. When I was running aokp on 4.0.4 I could go to the stock dial pad and use the dial pad(not the qwerty keyboard) to search for contacts. This may have been a feature of aokp, I can't say because I'm now running bugless beast 7/13. I know I can get dialers from the play store but I really like the stock dialer. Sorry if this should actually be in the rom section, wasn't sure.

It isn't a stock feature, certain ROMS add it in. You can search from the dialer, which is only one extra step.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

Not possible in stock ROM as an option. You can install a custom dialer or flash a custom ROM that has it integrated though.

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'll just have to to wait for a JB rom that its built into. Thanks guys