Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    AOKP/Francos K/4.1.1

Default Pull up contacts from stock dial pad?

I'm wondering if this is possible with jelly bean. When I was running aokp on 4.0.4 I could go to the stock dial pad and use the dial pad(not the qwerty keyboard) to search for contacts. This may have been a feature of aokp, I can't say because I'm now running bugless beast 7/13. I know I can get dialers from the play store but I really like the stock dialer. Sorry if this should actually be in the rom section, wasn't sure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Pull up contacts from stock dial pad?

Quote Originally Posted by chriscw81 View Post
    I'm wondering if this is possible with jelly bean. When I was running aokp on 4.0.4 I could go to the stock dial pad and use the dial pad(not the qwerty keyboard) to search for contacts. This may have been a feature of aokp, I can't say because I'm now running bugless beast 7/13. I know I can get dialers from the play store but I really like the stock dialer. Sorry if this should actually be in the rom section, wasn't sure.

It isn't a stock feature, certain ROMS add it in. You can search from the dialer, which is only one extra step.

Default Re: Pull up contacts from stock dial pad?

Quote Originally Posted by chriscw81 View Post
    Not possible in stock ROM as an option. You can install a custom dialer or flash a custom ROM that has it integrated though.
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    AOKP/Francos K/4.1.1

I guess I'll just have to to wait for a JB rom that its built into. Thanks guys