Fed up with YouMail - any better services out there?

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Youmail for about 2 years and I really can't take it any more, so many times the caller hears that my voice mail is full (when its not full) or it just rings and rings and doesn't give the chance to leave a voice mail. Are they any other RELIABLE voice mail transcriptions services that anyone has experience with? Something that works all the time and not just most of the time like Youmail?
Thanks.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
But with Google Voice a person is not reading all your business. Plus along with the text of the voicemail from Google you get the actual voicemail in the text so you can listen if it does not convert to text well. Oh and it is free. Calling Google support will result in talking with a real person if needed. After the passed 3 years of me using Google Voice I have never had a voicemail box report full or missed a call yet.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Youmail for about 2 years and I really can't take it any more, so many times the caller hears that my voice mail is full (when its not full) or it just rings and rings and doesn't give the chance to leave a voice mail. Are they any other RELIABLE voice mail transcriptions services that anyone has experience with? Something that works all the time and not just most of the time like Youmail?
Thanks.

I have also used PF Voicemail+ and HulloMail
I think PF and YouMail and HulloMail all have strengths and weaknesses.
Try them all until you find one you like, but personally, I would follow through with YouMail and ask them to contact your carrier for you as offered... I'll bet after 2 years you really know the YouMail way of doing things!

dannyro77

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Can Google Voice do the same thing YouMail does with your phone number from your carrier or does it have to be with your Google Voice phone number?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
My vote for google voice as well.. you can set it up to just handle your voicemails, you don't change your phone number or anything. Transcription included, all free. Works awesomely.

Anthony Wright1

May 6, 2013
Visit site
You work for you mail? ok so let me ask this. Why hasnt your database of greetings been updated? I too have been using youmail for years and love it! but one downside is that you guys have seemed to stop adding new greetings. I have even made some of my own that i have submitted only to never see them on your site.

YouMailRep86

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
You work for you mail? ok so let me ask this. Why hasnt your database of greetings been updated? I too have been using youmail for years and love it! but one downside is that you guys have seemed to stop adding new greetings. I have even made some of my own that i have submitted only to never see them on your site.

I do apologize. Our greetings box is full. We are working to clear our some of our older and more used greetings to make way for new material. Thank you for your patience.

Colvin99

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey folk, when I went through the setup for Google voice it said my carrier wasn't compatible. I am on Verizon, how did you all get it to work?

Posted via Android Central App

gkennedy88

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I have been using the app for about a year now and I loved it especially the call ditching feature but since Wednesday it has not worked when I call in to check my voice mails I get a recording that says you have reached the text me app to send free text message from your android iphone ipod touch or ipad visit textme.us today bye bye you may hang up now then it hangs up on me and when people call me it says press 1 to check your messages press 2 to deposit a message but when you press two it hangs up or says box not found or box not in use and for the crappy customer service they have by email I dng sure aint paying for it cause I really doubt they would help me any better there I had one guy email me back and ask how he could help after I had already ssaid how and then he never responded and I called my carrier they said there is no problems at the switch with the ocn or anything so yeah idk im looking for something new now to cause im out of options

dfcloud

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I've been using Google Voice since it was a brand new Grand Central. I've never had a problem with it! As a matter of fact, many times, I'll open my email and read the transcribed voicemail and get my best laugh of the day. Then I click to listen to the voicemail, not a problem. Blocking numbers is as simple as a click. My Google Voice number is set to ring on both my house and cell phones, so I rarely miss a call.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois