Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Be on the lookout for IMM76Q OTA

Remember that IMM76Q build everyone was talking about at the beginning of the month? It's real, it's official, and on the list to be coming OTA.

No word on system changes, but it's got the new baseband everyone has been wanting. If you get notified about this update, take a second and get with one of the forum advisers or mods -- hackers will want this file (and you can be a hero!).
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by 5:
    seanubis likes this.

I love how Verizon pushes out updates that are less desired (JB > new basebands). It's like they're working backwards from the bottom of the list of most wanted updates.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    buck101 likes this.

Base bands are pretty important. What good is Jelly Bean if your signals suck. I wish both would drop soon though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    moosc 

But what do I care if I haven't been having any issues with signal since IMM76K?

ConTejas likes this.

Default Re: Be on the lookout for IMM76Q OTA

root your phone, flash 4.1, call it a day?

If you can root and backup using TB BEFORE unlocking the boot loader, sure, show me the way. Otherwise, it's too late. Not worth losing all my Angry Birds progress just for Google Now.

ajnevares likes this.

you are short changing yourself over a game? there's more to JB than just Google Now but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by zulu308 View Post
    you are short changing yourself over a game? there's more to JB than just Google Now but whatever.
    If you've ever tried to beat all 4 Angry Birds games, you'd know exactly why.

Other than Now, JB only offers performance tweaks. I can live without those if my only other option involves deleting everything and having to start over AGAIN.

I'm rooted and installed 4.1. Will I be able to download this update and install? If not, is there any way to get this update without going back to stock? If I do go back to stock, would I lose this update if I reinstall 4.1?

Sorry for all the dumb questions, but this is my first time rooting a phone.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Billb660 View Post
    I'm rooted and installed 4.1. Will I be able to download this update and install? If not, is there any way to get this update without going back to stock? If I do go back to stock, would I lose this update if I reinstall 4.1?

Thanks for your help.
    It's likely the ROM devs will include the new basebands in an update to your ROM.

am I reading that wrong? I am already on IMM76K i515.10 V.FC04 with the brand new Nexus I have.

or is it the IMM76Q I want to be on? lol
    I'd bet Cory's Right Arm on that!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAssailant View Post
    It's likely the ROM devs will include the new basebands in an update to your ROM.

ROMS don't change your baseband. You have to flash radios separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Billb660 View Post

Thanks for your help.
    Why would you want to flash an ICS update if you're already on JB?

The guys at XDA have been saying for weeks that all this update does is nerf search and update build numbers and dates. That's it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the baseband part is just a lie to trick us into installing it.

ROM
    Stock

Unrooted stock is currently at IMM76K, right?

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yes.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

There is no new baseband. The difference between IMM76K and IMM76Q is the dumbed down search. The i515.09 or .10 is just the hardware version.. the baseband radio files are still FC04 and FC05.
    Thanked by:
    ConTejas likes this.

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

Well, I was kind of pumped even though I never have had radio issues, but now not so much. I'm no expert but IIRC ^^^ is the truth.

But what do I care if I haven't been having any issues with signal since IMM76K?

If it gets better for EVERYBODY then why would you complain? Did you consider that new radios, or this, may in fact be the stepping stone to JB? Or that this update has been in the works for long before JB has been announced?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Well not really. There are problems with the gnex and signal issues, and they want to adress those before pushing out a major ui update that would bring plenty of more issues and would make the signal issues that much harder to fix. it makes sense.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by rokstarr View Post
    There is no new baseband. The difference between IMM76K and IMM76Q is the dumbed down search. The i515.09 or .10 is just the hardware version.. the baseband radio files are still FC04 and FC05.
    This. 9 v. 10 is simply a hardware revision; both are listed because of that discrepency. The FC## baseband is exactly the same as IMM76K. Also, there was a rumor that the next radios (found within the source code, but I sort of doubt this) are "FF##".

From what I've gathered, this is simply to get around any sort of patent issues with search. Could it be more? Quite possibly. Is it JB? No.
    Thanked by 2:
    JDWallace likes this.

I'm so happy that everything is working perfectly for you. Now all you have to do is flash a JB ROM and you can have the best of both worlds. As for me, I'm already running JB on my GNex but I have the aforementioned signal issues. So, even though JB is fantastic, I'd rather have quality signal first. What good is an (awesome) OS if it's not usable because the network connection is constantly dropped
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

If you can root and backup using TB BEFORE unlocking the boot loader, sure, show me the way. Otherwise, it's too late. Not worth losing all my Angry Birds progress just for Google Now.

There was actually a tool available--I believe it was called "CASUAL"--that allowed you to root without unlocking the device. Unsure if it works for 4.0.4, but it was working for 4.0.1/.2.

Also, in my experience with JB it's a big time advancement over ICS. I couldn't imagine running anything else to be quite honest.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    If it gets better for EVERYBODY then why would you complain? Did you consider that new radios, or this, may in fact be the stepping stone to JB? Or that this update has been in the works for long before JB has been announced?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    But there's nothing new in this update except for gimped search. XDA took a look at the OTA leak and found nothing new except for a different search .apk and some padding files that simply change the version numbers and build dates.

Quote Originally Posted by rokstarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    This. 9 v. 10 is simply a hardware revision; both are listed because of that discrepency. The FC## baseband is exactly the same as IMM76K. Also, there was a rumor that the next radios (found within the source code, but I sort of doubt this) are "FF##".

From what I've gathered, this is simply to get around any sort of patent issues with search. Could it be more? Quite possibly. Is it JB? No.
    --------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    There was actually a tool available--I believe it was called "CASUAL"--that allowed you to root without unlocking the device. Unsure if it works for 4.0.4, but it was working for 4.0.1/.2.

Also, in my experience with JB it's a big time advancement over ICS. I couldn't imagine running anything else to be quite honest.
    I heard somewhere that Wug's toolkit will backup your device before unlocking the bootloader. Is this true?
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

But there's nothing new in this update except for gimped search. XDA took a look at the OTA leak and found nothing new except for a different search .apk and some padding files that simply change the version numbers and build dates.

--------------------------------------------------

I heard somewhere that Wug's toolkit will backup your device before unlocking the bootloader. Is this true?
    Yes, it will. I have not used that function personally but I'm sure others have and can chime in. Wugs toolkit is a phenomenal piece of software and is very, very powerful and flexible.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast