Verizon offers GNex online for $99

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
My frustration level as a VZW GNex owner not interested in rooting is already pretty high to begin with, so this doesn't bug me as much as it might otherwise. I kinda feel like $99 is all it's worth at this point anyway, given the other options available today. How do you feel about this?

Verizon drops online price of Samsung Galaxy Nexus to $99.99 with contract | The Verge

I bought one of my VZW Galaxy Nexus on launch day(December 16, I think?) for
only $119, so I'm not surprised. In fact, I think the Galaxy Nexus should be
priced at $49 by now. (considering that you can easily score a Galaxy S3 for
$149 at places at Best Buy and AmazonWireless)

timato

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
For some reason in the best buy by me it's still got a price of $250, while even online its half that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I got mine for 99 bucks back in february when I switched to verizon from wirefly. They have a shady contract agreement but as long as you dont screw up, change anything, and pay your bill on time its no big deal. Its probably 50 through wirefly by now. New customers only probably though....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Considering the phone is only 350 New, it should be free with a contract.

If you can take a 600 dollar phone like the galaxy s III and sell it for 200, you can do the same with the gn.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S WII on T-Mobile! goodbye Sprint!

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like a fair price since SG3 is out with better hardware, if I had to buy a phone today it still would be the Gnex mainly because of the development and Jellybean.

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Samsung had a retail price of $798 several months ago, and Verizon's was $694. I'm too lazy to check their current prices, i already have mine. While I'm disappointed, I'm not surprised by Verizon's handling of this. Regardless of their feckless f?ckery, it's still a Nexus, even if I have to do the work myself. And it's still a great device.

Sent from my (pretty awesome) SCH-i515

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Buying the GNex outright on VZW's on-line site shows $649. That's $50 more than a 16GB GSIII.

Just WOW.

Mobimop

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I think that $99 is a good price point. The phone is still one of the best on the market and the only phone with jellybean.

Only the non-carrier GSM version has Jellybean for the moment, hopefully Verizon and Sprint will roll-out JB in the near future but I wouldn't hold my breath. Of course you can always load the ROM if you're so inclined.

Mobimop

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
My frustration level as a VZW GNex owner not interested in rooting is already pretty high to begin with, so this doesn't bug me as much as it might otherwise. I kinda feel like $99 is all it's worth at this point anyway, given the other options available today. How do you feel about this?

Verizon drops online price of Samsung Galaxy Nexus to $99.99 with contract | The Verge

One penny at Amazon... I wish the GSM version was $99 I'd be very happy, paying $349 was a bit rough.

AmazonWireless: Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12