1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AOSP Build 4.1.1 on Galaxy Nexus?

I have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus and want to put the TeamBlackHat AOSP Build 4.1.1 ROM on my phone from their offical app but I don't know if it will run on my phone and I don't want to brick my phone. Can someone enlighten me to if it will work or not?

Default Re: AOSP Build 4.1.1 on Galaxy Nexus?

The Team Black Hat app only shows apps for your Nexus. All the ROMs listed in the APP will load to your phone.

I just loaded it(Deeper Chocolate Beans) yesterday. Everything is fine. Other than my signal bars stay grey all the time. I still have voice and data. Seems to have stabilized my signal issues, just stay grey.

I looked for discussion on the My Droid World forums. Where discussions for P3droids previous ROMs were discussed.
    No luck. I don't know where anyone might be discussing P3droids 4.1.1 ROM. P3droid hasn't answered me on Twitter.

Here's a video review I followed to load Deeper Choc to my Nexus.

If you are looking for a solid and stable ROM that will run on the Nexus I would highly recommend Bugless Beast. There is a thread floating around here somewhere and it is the closest things to a stock Jelly Bean build with minimal bugs. However, the minimal bugs means less features right now. Flashing a ROM isn't that hard to do manually and even if you brick your phone there is almost always a way to recover it from death.

If you need help with anything on that let us know, but I would recommend that you check out the Jelly Bean thread by Dmmarck. That will give you everything that you could want/need to get Jelly Bean on your phone right the first time.
    Thanked by:

Thanked by:

I'm disappointed to report that my signal issues have not improved. Same as IMM76K. If it's not a VZW stability issue than my best ROM is IMM30B. Do like Deeper Choc ROM though.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by CallerHoller View Post
    I'm disappointed to report that my signal issues have not improved. Same as IMM76K. If it's not a VZW stability issue than my best ROM is IMM30B. Do like Deeper Choc ROM though.
    They won't. The rom does not affect your signal. Radios/baseband and to a lesser extent, the kernel, are the only pieces of software that affects signal strength.

Sometimes roms may interfere with things, but largely the above is all you need to worry about.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:

Deeper Chocolate has a custom kernel. Therefore the Deeper Chocolate ROM may very well effect the radios.

Anyways I found the Problem with the greyed out signal bars. Titanium Backup fussed up Google services when I selected restore all apps and data. I should have selected restore missing apps and data instead. So Wipe data for Google Services Framework then reboot phone.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Deeper Chocolate has a custom kernel. Therefore the Deeper Chocolate ROM may very well effect the radios.

Anyways I found the Problem with the greyed out signal bars. Titanium Backup fussed up Google services when I selected restore all apps and data. I should have selected restore missing apps and data instead. So Wipe data for Google Services Framework then reboot phone.
    Well it's not necessarily the rom though, but the kernel. You can always flash another kernel. Still, the kernel is really marginally effective with regards to signal.

Remember, this is hardware. The two pieces of software that "touch" the hardware are the kernel, which by its very nature acts as the brains behind everything, and the basebands. If you're having signal issues, even with the latest radios, I'm not sure what kernel can really remedy that. You may just have a defective device.
    Thanked by 2:

I don't have a defective device. It has hand off issues that were just fine on IMM30B.

It may very well be Verizons fault. 4G isn't completely integrated in my back woods city. I haven't been on IMM76K very long. I didn't see an improvement when I loaded Deeper Choc 4.1.1 and I recall IMM30B to have a stable 4G connection.

Whatever, whatever..... 4.1.1 didn't stabilize my IMM76K radio issues.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

I don't have a defective device. It has hand off issues that were just fine on IMM30B.

It may very well be Verizons fault. 4G isn't completely integrated in my back woods city. I haven't been on IMM76K very long. I didn't see an improvement when I loaded Deeper Choc 4.1.1 and I recall IMM30B to have a stable 4G connection.

Whatever, whatever..... 4.1.1 didn't stabilize my IMM76K radio issues.
    Try another rom?

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Another plug for Team EOS ROM. And Goomanager for ROM/kernel downloads.
    Phone: LG G2, Nexus 4
    Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013), Xoom
    Retired: Blackberry Storm and 2, Droid X and X2, Galaxy Nexus