I love that the Xoom gets Jelly Bean before the vzw Nexus....

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Verizon nexus always gets things later. The WiFi Xoom got the update but the Verizon Xoom did not. My guess is Verizon gets in the way. I own both the Xoom and galaxy nexus from Verizon and feel what your saying. If your rooted you could get on jell bean now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
The wifi Xoom has nothing to do with Verizon. Now if the Verizon Xoom gets JB before the Galaxy Nexus then Verizon should be B slapped. It would be nice if both devices should get it on the same day:)

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
This is exactly why I got a nexus. I have been on jellybean since the night after it was announced. Verizon is a different thing all together. Theirs are the only phones in the world that use cdma for voice and 3g and then switch to 4g lte for data which is gsm. So you bet your ass they are going to test the hell out of every update before they send it out.

Sent from the north woods

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The WiFi Xoom is in AOSP to build a Jelly Bean ROM with no CDMA or LTE radio binaries so I should hope it gets a quick release.

I too have a VZW Xoom and a VZW Gnex and have gotten used to the jerking around by VZW since the 3G Xoom was dropped from its previous "GED" title with no explanation. I partially blame this on Google. You would think Google learned something from this experience, but it happened again with the Gnex. And people say Google won't release another Nexus on Verizon because of how the Gnex was handled?

There are soooo many threads on this device getting updates or that device getting updates with little to no truth in peoples understanding of the update process. Stop listening to anyone and everyone and start using your own observations and common sense. This should lead you to an understanding that carriers and corporations really don't make sense and you can't rely on them to make decisions that are to your advantage. So don't let their actions effect you because you already know they will upset you.

And Team EOS ROM on both Gnex and Xoom. Goomanager notifications when ROM update is available with an automated update feature very similar to an OTA update, as long as you use an open script recovery (which has gone wonky since JB)

TJ_MAN

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
So does everyone want the OTA update to jelly bean since it has no support for flash, I know there are work arounds but then you have to install and possibly use a different browser?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how anyone couldn't have seen this coming.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Is it really that hard to just install Bugless Beast (which I'm running) rather than ing about it? If you're on this forum and are actually aware that such an update even exist, then you definitely have the know how to flash it.

but wait, you shouldn't have to right? ::bangs head against the wall::

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Is it really that hard to just install Bugless Beast (which I'm running) rather than ing about it? If you're on this forum and are actually aware that such an update even exist, then you definitely have the know how to flash it.

but wait, you shouldn't have to right? ::bangs head against the wall::

Not everyone wants to flash. I'm running Bugless too, but I still want this OTA to hurry up.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance