Drippler shows possible GNex 2 pics and specs.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the pics to show you, but if you download the Drippler app it has speculation pics and specs.

The good: It is a beast spec wise.

The bad: It looks like a Motorola.

Are there any specific manufacturers which would prevent your next GNex purchase? I am totally anti-Moto. I'd hope HTC, LG, or Samsung again would produce the next GNex.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the pics to show you, but if you download the Drippler app it has speculation pics and specs.

The good: It is a beast special wise.

The bad: It looks like a Motorola.

Are there any specific manufacturers which would prevent your next GNex purchase? I am totally anti-Moto. I'd hope HTC, LG, or Samsung again would produce the next GNex.

Thoughts?

Wasn't this completely made up by some guy? I mean it sounds cool, but nothing to write home about. :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Why the hate on moto? I would absolutely love a Motorola Nexus. They have by far the best radios and hardware and even their screens have improved dramatically in just a short time. Couple that with vanilla android and an unlockable bootloader and they can take my money for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Why the hate on moto? I would absolutely love a Motorola Nexus. They have by far the best radios and hardware and even their screens have improved dramatically in just a short time. Couple that with vanilla android and an unlockable bootloader and they can take my money for sure.

What he ^ said.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

Just a quirk I have. Sort of like you're either a Ford or Chevy guy. I don't disagree that Moto comes with great built in radios, I just never was a fan of them. In fact, when I had my DROID X, it was nothing but problems. I was returning one for another constantly. My wife has the Bionic and it's been rock solid for her. My experiences have been poor.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
A 3000+ mah battery while still maintaining a 9mm profile? Yes please.The worst thing about my GNex is the battery. Motorola seems to have figured something out that Sammy has yet to

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
A 3000+ mah battery while still maintaining a 9mm profile? Yes please.The worst thing about my GNex is the battery. Motorola seems to have figured something out that Sammy has yet to

That's the price you pay for having a removable battery. Can't cram that kind of capacity into a battery that is designed to be removable. It's just a design thing.

I agree though.....a MotoNex with Motorola radios, hardware, and build quality.....and vanilla Android......and easily unlockable bootloader............I'd HAVE to have one of those. It had just better have a better screen than the current crop of Moto phones.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Lol they figured out "jam an enormous battery in it".... It ain't rocket science :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Lol they figured out "jam an enormous battery in it".... It ain't rocket science :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
It's like my college professor told me about becoming a mechanical engineer. He said, "a mechanical engineer's job is to figure out how to shove 10 lbs of sh#t in a 5 lb bag."

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't really care if the battery is big or not. I would rather have a bit thicker phone. The razr was just to darn thin. Why do people like such thin phones? For me, the nexus is about the perfect thickness, I could even use it a bit thicker.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think the Nexus is the perfect size in terms of thickness. It's not too thin that it becomes uncomfortable to handle and not too thick that it protrudes in my front pocket. But regardless, people have different tastes and requirements when it comes to the look and feel of their phones.

If a Moto Nexus ever did come to pass, as long as it has a better screen, camera, and battery, then I'll be sold on it.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't care less about a removable battery. If the internal battery lasted longer, the only reason to remove the battery would be for a frozen device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums