Any guys in the Kansas City area want to help a guy out?

junglesnake98

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I have had my Verizon nexus since it was new and just haven't used it much. I recently have been using it for work and I really want to flash a jelly bean rom on it and I am completely in the dark with that stuff so I need some help! I'm not a wierdo or anything like that haha. I got a wife and a son and am an engineer but I need someone's help that knows this stuff. Maybe we could work out some kind of deal. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks guys

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

junglesnake98

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If you have time, have a look at these:

Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5.2 | WugFresh

[GNex TOOLKIT V7.5] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash, Mods + MORE [VERIZON] - xda-developers

It reduces the weirdo factor :D :D

Once the bootloader is unlocked and you've rooted it, there's nothing to it if you follow the developers instructions for installing a ROM. The entire process from unlock to rebooting into a new ROM is about 10 minutes tops.
well thanks for the help and I will take a look at the links and go from there. Wish me luck :)

junglesnake98

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I am still having a hard time. I have the rom downloaded but the file from xda keeps getting picked up by norton and the other link is just crap, nothing I can use. Im kinda stuck.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I am still having a hard time. I have the rom downloaded but the file from xda keeps getting picked up by norton and the other link is just crap, nothing I can use. Im kinda stuck.

1st did you get unlocked and rooted?
I havent used Norton on yrs too much bs with his products. What ROM you trying to get? Don't forget the gapps file too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

junglesnake98

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Finally got it after several hours of trial and error. I did alot of reading and decided I just wanted a basic but stable rom so I installed AOSP #2 - Bugless Beast by Peter Alfonso and so far I am very happy. Everything seems to be working fine and I haven't found any flaws...yet!! So thanks for the help guys. Much Appreciated.