Has Anyone Replaced The Housing on A Verizon GNex?

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering because I'm gearing up to do it myself. My GNex has suffered some dings and scratches and a new housing would freshen it up. The display is in perfect condition.

I've found a site that sells the housing with antennas pre-installed and there is a YouTube video showing how to go about it. Has anyone done it? Was it difficult or are there any pit falls to avoid? I replaced the housing on my Thunderbolt without much difficulty, so I'm thinking this can't be much harder.

masterxchief

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Taking apart the phone is really easy. Once you remove the screws you just unlatch the 3 clips holding the screen and housing together with a guitar pick or something and you will have the housing off.

Curious, does this site have the white colored housing?

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I haven't seen a white housing for the Verizon model, but I wasn't looking for it when I poked around. I'm probably going with the standard housing. I believe you can track one down for the GSM version, but I'm not sure it would fit.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, DL was swapping the housings on a GSM version. The sim cards are in different places. However, if anyone does find a white housing for the Verizon model, kindly note it here.

jshealey

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I have, its not that scary, I dropped my phone and the back got cracked. I looked on Ebay and found one 20 buxs shipped from China, looks brand new. Cool part is that verizon looked at it and couldnt tell the difference.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
TCM cases with hard backs and wrap around bezel fronts completely transform every surface but the front of the phone. Plus you don't have to use the back making battery change easier than a snap.