Google Voice Delay When Answering Call

Druskey

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Although I don't post a lot here, I do visit a lot and have found help on multiple occasions.

With that being said, I'm hoping I can find some help on a problem I'm having.

When answering a Google Voice call on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus there is a delay on the other end where the person calling doesn't hear me for approximately 10-15 seconds. After that delay I have no other problems. I've tested this with other mobile phones and landlines and have the same problem with incoming calls on both.

After adjusting some settings and testing different things, I've found that if I deactivate call screening in the Google Voice settings the call will connect correctly. While this is a partial fix, I like the call screening function and would like to continue using it.

I didn't have this problem with any of my previous phones while using Google Voice, and wonder if this is a Voice problem, a Verizon GNex problem, etc. I'm running stock 4.0.4.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance for any assistance.

Last edited:

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I get it too. I end up having to say hello twice. This a recent thing too. Maybe started a month or two ago. it might be something on google's end with their server. I don't think there's anything on our end we can do.

that being said mms pictures sent via text to my google voice number are finally showing up in my gmail with some consistency. it was real hit or miss for a while.

Druskey

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I get it too. I end up having to say hello twice. This a recent thing too. Maybe started a month or two ago. it might be something on google's end with their server. I don't think there's anything on our end we can do.

Yeah I just noticed it recently and can only assume it's a problem with call screening on Google's servers considering it works fine when I turn that feature off.

You're probably right about there being nothing we can do on our end.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star