Google Play Store Error

Rionken86x

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to fix Google Play Store error? I couldn't update my apps for almost a week now. I've cleared data/cache of google play store app, uninstalled it's update, re-launched it...heck I also cleared Google Services Framework and I still couldn't update my apps. I can browse through the store just fine, but I can't download/update my apps.

It used to say server error rcpa blah blah blah...now I get this (see attached image)

So does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks!

EDIT - I'm also running stock ICS.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
No idea, sorry. On occasional Play Store errors I've found that just retrying it a couple times in a row gets past it. I've very rarely had them tho. You are definitely on stock you haven't flashed a ROM or unlocked/rooted and changed anything in your system?

Rionken86x

May 31, 2011
Visit site
No idea, sorry. On occasional Play Store errors I've found that just retrying it a couple times in a row gets past it. I've very rarely had them tho. You are definitely on stock you haven't flashed a ROM or unlocked/rooted and changed anything in your system?

I've tried reconnecting to the google play store several times and i still get the same frustrating result. My nexus 7 downloads just fine on wifi, why can't my garbage vzw nexus won't download/update apps on 4G and WiFi?!

Yeah I'm 100% stock...isn't that one of the main reason why its best to have Nexus device compared to all these other garbage android phones....jk lol. But seriously though, its been a week since the last time I could update my apps. I guess I have to keep my nexus 7 with me all the time just to check the olympic/live stream.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried downloading from the play store in the browser (on phone or computer) to your phone?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Depends who you ask. I bought this phone specifically because of how easy it is to unlock and root, and for the incredible amount of support from the development community for Nexus devices. Same reason I bought the Nexus 7.

No idea what else to tell you. Perhaps a factory reset is in order tho.. you can back up your pics and stuff to your computer and then try it. Beyond that I'm at a loss.

Reactions: Rionken86x
Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I just recently fixed this problem on my own GNex. I couldn't download any apps or update any apps. I'd get the notification that the apps have an update but I'd run into the same error you did. After 2 weeks of turning the phone off and on again, removing the battery, etc, I went into the Verizon store.

They said I had to do a hard reset, which was frustrating because I've never done it before and would have to download everything again.

But everything works fine after the hard reset. It only took maybe 30-40 minutes of waiting for everything to download and install.

I was just a little frustrated 'cause I've never had to do that before.

But that's your answer: Hard Factory Reset.

Reactions: Rionken86x

Rionken86x

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried downloading from the play store in the browser (on phone or computer) to your phone?

Yes. I've tried downloading apps using Chrome Browser on my laptop and had it pushed to my phone but it wouldn't.

Rionken86x

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Depends who you ask. I bought this phone specifically because of how easy it is to unlock and root, and for the incredible amount of support from the development community for Nexus devices. Same reason I bought the Nexus 7.

No idea what else to tell you. Perhaps a factory reset is in order tho.. you can back up your pics and stuff to your computer and then try it. Beyond that I'm at a loss.

I appreciate your help. Yeah, Nexus devices has massive support from the development community.

I honestly bought a nexus device just because I hate waiting for new OS updates. Root your phone, problem solved! Seriously with a nexus device, I have to root my phone so I could update to 4.1 Jelly Bean? Google should just release nexus phones on GSM based carriers only...this nexus thing on vzw is quite a joke. VZW GSIII is probably gonna get 4.1 before Gnex :/

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate your help. Yeah, Nexus devices has massive support from the development community.

I honestly bought a nexus device just because I hate waiting for new OS updates. Root your phone, problem solved! Seriously with a nexus device, I have to root my phone so I could update to 4.1 Jelly Bean? Google should just release nexus phones on GSM based carriers only...this nexus thing on vzw is quite a joke. VZW GSIII is probably gonna get 4.1 before Gnex :/

I highly doubt that :).

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You don't HAVE to root/unlock to get Jellybean. You will get it OTA. You can get it faster if you unlock and flash. And the Gnex will get Jellybean and will get it before the SGS3. There's no betting/debating to be done on the topic. The OTA is already in Verizon's hands for testing, you cannot say that about the SGS3's JB OTA :)

Rionken86x

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I just recently fixed this problem on my own GNex. I couldn't download any apps or update any apps. I'd get the notification that the apps have an update but I'd run into the same error you did. After 2 weeks of turning the phone off and on again, removing the battery, etc, I went into the Verizon store.

They said I had to do a hard reset, which was frustrating because I've never done it before and would have to download everything again.

But everything works fine after the hard reset. It only took maybe 30-40 minutes of waiting for everything to download and install.

I was just a little frustrated 'cause I've never had to do that before.

But that's your answer: Hard Factory Reset.

Thank You, but I don't see that option for me. There has to be a way! Oh and I can't seem to confide with any vzw employees! They're only knowledgeable on how you could lessen your monthly bill or ripping you off, but as far as malfunctioning device issues are concerned...any of them would just tell you to Factory Reset.

I remember when I bought the Nexus off contract on the first day it came out, I've had several reboot issues if my wifi is on and when it is out of range, my phone would be on a boot loop. There were times when I actually had to go back to my house just so I could have my phone turned on for good because I'm in my wifi range. And then I would have to turn the wifi off before leaving the house.

Within less than 2 days, my gnex was on a boot loop all day! I couldn't even use the damn phone! So I went to Verizon Store the next day and I told them the problem with my phone and kindly asked for a replacement.

The "manager" "he knows everything" according to his associates told me "Oh, you don't need a replacement...I just need to factory reset your phone"

Dun dun dun...

Still a boot loop! They gave me a new gnex, but I still had that wifi crap issue---and then it was gone for good after 2 weeks or so! :D.

VZW employees and just like GameStop, they don't really know anything. They just sell. I don't even bother asking them, "Oh when is Jelly Bean 4.1 coming out on gnex". Futile? I think so.

Rionken86x

May 31, 2011
Visit site
You don't HAVE to root/unlock to get Jellybean. You will get it OTA. You can get it faster if you unlock and flash. And the Gnex will get Jellybean and will get it before the SGS3. There's no betting/debating to be done on the topic. The OTA is already in Verizon's hands for testing, you cannot say that about the SGS3's JB OTA :)

This. From what I know of Nexus devices, Google handles and pushes OTA. Its just different with Verizon because they actually have to beta test it.

GSM variant of gnex already had its OTA 4.1 update for almost a month now?

I guess so much for exclusivity, Google/Samsung had to kissed VZW.

When Apple says, iOS5/6 is coming out this week....All of em gets it regardless of what wireless network carrier you have. Sure, all androids have different specs and OS updates heavily depend on it....but this is a damn nexus device in which google said "4.1 is rolling out to gnex/nexus s....blah blah blah....

I'm not trying to be rude, but do you understand my rant towards first ever vzw nexus branded phone?

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank You, but I don't see that option for me. There has to be a way! Oh and I can't seem to confide with any vzw employees! They're only knowledgeable on how you could lessen your monthly bill or ripping you off, but as far as malfunctioning device issues are concerned...any of them would just tell you to Factory Reset.

I remember when I bought the Nexus off contract on the first day it came out, I've had several reboot issues if my wifi is on and when it is out of range, my phone would be on a boot loop. There were times when I actually had to go back to my house just so I could have my phone turned on for good because I'm in my wifi range. And then I would have to turn the wifi off before leaving the house.

Within less than 2 days, my gnex was on a boot loop all day! I couldn't even use the damn phone! So I went to Verizon Store the next day and I told them the problem with my phone and kindly asked for a replacement.

The "manager" "he knows everything" according to his associates told me "Oh, you don't need a replacement...I just need to factory reset your phone"

Dun dun dun...

Still a boot loop! They gave me a new gnex, but I still had that wifi crap issue---and then it was gone for good after 2 weeks or so! :D.

VZW employees and just like GameStop, they don't really know anything. They just sell. I don't even bother asking them, "Oh when is Jelly Bean 4.1 coming out on gnex". Futile? I think so.

So a guy who's lived through your problem for a longer time than you have, an experienced Moderator, and an Advisor, are all telling you what's going on, and you don't believe us or think we're wrong? Why even ask then if you're not going to believe what we're telling you? Do not make the mistake that your WiFi issue is somehow related to this situation. I fixed your problem. Now you can do it and fix your phone, or not. It's your phone, man. We're only telling you how to fix it. The longer you stick to your guns the worse it's going to get.

Settings ----> Backup and reset ----> Factory data reset. Then step away and watch 30 minute Seinfeld. Done and Done. You don't lose anything.

Just because you are hoping for some other answer does not mean it actually exists.

Last edited:

Rionken86x

May 31, 2011
Visit site
So a guy who's lived through your problem for a longer time than you have, an experienced Moderator, and an Advisor, are all telling you what's going on, and you don't believe us or think we're wrong? Why even ask then if you're not going to believe what we're telling you? Do not make the mistake that your WiFi issue is somehow related to this situation. I fixed your problem. Now you can do it and fix your phone, or not. It's your phone, man. We're only telling you how to fix it. The longer you stick to your guns the worse it's going to get.

Settings ----> Backup and reset ----> Factory data reset. Then step away and watch 30 minute Seinfeld. Done and Done. You don't lose anything.

Just because you are hoping for some other answer does not mean it actually exists.

Thanks to everyone. I didn't do factory reset. Everything is working just fine now. The only different thing I did was I changed to a different play store account and switched it back to my main account after an hour or so. I'm able to download/update my apps again.

DukeRobillard

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same issue on my Nexus 7 (server error connecting to play store). I went into the factory data reset part of settings, and it told me I'd have to reinstall all my apps and thus have to setup my email clients and twitter client, and Safari ToGo, and my Comixology account and blah, blah, blah. I uttered a big sigh, and decided to try something else. :)

So I created a new Google account, switched to it, and that one could connect to the the Play Store okay.

I turned the Nexus 7 off and went to bed. This morning, I switched back to my "real" Google account, and it connected to Play Store okay.

There must be some bad data in some cache somewhere...maybe on the device, maybe on the Play Store server. I'd guess Factory data reset clears it, but maybe it also ages out by itself, if you stop using the account.

I dunno, really, I'm just guessing. But switching accounts fixed it for me, and I didn't have to go through the hassle of setting up all my client apps again. :)

jayesha94

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Download Titanium Back Pro-Open Titanium Backup Pro on your phone-Go to the Titanium Backup Pro Tab that says "Back/Restore"-Go down to Google Sevices Framwork- Short not long but Short Press on Google Services Framework-Press on Wipe Data- Then look for Google Play Store- Short press on Google Playstore- Press Wipe Data- Exit out of Titanium Backup Pro-Press on the Google Playstore App and all should be well

Wendy Klein

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I finally resolved my "Server Error Retry" for Google Play Store issue after calling the help line, looking at different forums and following their advice and I was just getting ready to do a hard factory reset and lose everything I ever downloaded!!! It was so simple and yet solved all of my issues!! So go to "settings". Tap on "Apps" go to "All". Then click 3 dots on the upper right hand of the screen, it's usually the "settings" button. Tap the "Reset app preferences" tap the "reset apps". Then back up to the "All" apps and clear cache and data for Google Play Store. That instantly cleared up all of my issues and I'm back up and running in the Play Store!!! Hope this helps all who read this and relieves the total frustration that I too experienced!!! :p Wendy K. :-*

jackie_lou85

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi
Wondering if anyone can help!! Im trying to access my google play store and it just wont load. It looks like it is going to loax then it kinda just gives up before the 'home' screen even loads. Anyone else having this issue?
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad