Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: How to Update Google Wallet APK on a Non-Rooted Verizon GNEX

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    New version, 10/3/12:

EDIT: Update advice:
    Option 1 - (assumes already installed and activated) - Open Wallet, go to menu, settings, reset wallet. Allow it to finish the reset. Uninstall. Then install from the apk.
    Option 2 - (also assumes already installed) - Just download the apk and have it update.

I recommend option 1 over option 2. Do what you will, don't hold me responsible
    I downloaded this but it wont let me install. Is there another mirror one or something. Tried it twice.

---------- Post Merged at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Nvm got it too work with the email trick.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by slik6996 View Post
    I downloaded this but it wont let me install. Is there another mirror one or something. Tried it twice.

---------- Post Merged at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Nvm got it too work with the email trick.
    Can you clarify the email trick for others please?
    Thanked by:
    rotm69 

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blahzay23 View Post
    I just downloaded the file from sendspace. Sent it to my Gmail account. Opened it up within my email and it gave me the "Install" option. From there I was able to install without a single hiccup.
    Can you clarify the email trick for others please?
    He's "probably" referring to the way i got mine to work via Gmail as mentioned above.

Worked like a charm! Simply uninstalled the current version that verizon disabled and installed the new apk.

Has anyone actually tried using the app? I followed these methods and can install the app but when I go to use it in the real world it always fails while I hold up the line.

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

Quote Originally Posted by chris4404 View Post
    Has anyone actually tried using the app? I followed these methods and can install the app but when I go to use it in the real world it always fails while I hold up the line.
    I've had it since launch day, always on the latest apk, and it always works. Are you sure you're using a NFC ready terminal? Also, make sure NFC is checked in Settings<Wireless & Networks< more. I recommend the Paypass Locator app to find stores. I use it regularly at CVS, Mickey D's, the caf in my office building, and a gas station by my house. I saw a guy trying to use it at a Mobil Speedpass last night looking goofy and frustrated. I laughed and had to tell him it will not work there. He was surprise I even knew what he was trying to do lol. Good times.

I tried using it at McDonald's and it failed. My MasterCard is issued from a local bank so maybe they have a restriction on it? I wish I has screenshot-ted the error message. I'll try it again tonight and see what happens. Is your phone rooted?

I side loaded the app and it works for me on stock JB. Sometimes though a terminal at my local Meijer store won't work, other times it does. I also use it at a convienence store and it works there.

Can Someone point me in the right direction for an updated wallet APK? Mines is not working as of this morning on unlocked rooted stock VZW SGN running 4.1

So I am the newb to all of this, I was able to get the app installed, thanks for the apk, but the problem that I am running into now is the wonderful error when i launch the app;

"Not Supported"

"Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for you device or mobile network."

I am running the stock ROM, no root, on the VZW GS3 with ICS 4.0.4

Any words of advice?

goole wallet needs to update ad of course being verizon the apk does work anymore.anyone have any ideas?

New version, 10/3/12:

EDIT: Update advice:
    Option 1 - (assumes already installed and activated) - Open Wallet, go to menu, settings, reset wallet. Allow it to finish the reset. Uninstall. Then install from the apk.
    Option 2 - (also assumes already installed) - Just download the apk and have it update.

I recommend option 1 over option 2. Do what you will, don't hold me responsible

tried to install Wallet 1.5-R81-v4.ap... install seemed to complete... then lunched wallet and got that this app is mot supported message ARG!!!
    i get that message every time i start the app...
    do i need to uninstall ... i dont see it in my downloaded apps..

thanks
    -steve

That version of Wallet will no longer work on the Nexus. You need version 1.6 - R96-v13. There are some links in other threads.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12