How to Update Google Wallet APK on a Non-Rooted Verizon GNEX

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I installed it. But, it says at the top of the screen unsupported device. Will it still work?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

teedizz

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried installing this file but it says "Cannot open file"

I just downloaded the file from sendspace. Sent it to my Gmail account. Opened it up within my email and it gave me the "Install" option. From there I was able to install without a single hiccup.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I installed it. But, it says at the top of the screen unsupported device. Will it still work?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It always says that if you are rooted, its just a disclaimer, it still works just fine :).

And yeah I saw about the new version, I'll post an apk in a bit.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
New version, 10/3/12: Download Wallet 1.5-R81-v4.apk from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

:)

EDIT: Update advice:
Option 1 - (assumes already installed and activated) - Open Wallet, go to menu, settings, reset wallet. Allow it to finish the reset. Uninstall. Then install from the apk.
Option 2 - (also assumes already installed) - Just download the apk and have it update.

I recommend option 1 over option 2. Do what you will, don't hold me responsible :)

slik6996

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
New version, 10/3/12: Download Wallet 1.5-R81-v4.apk from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Option 1 - (assumes already installed and activated) - Open Wallet, go to menu, settings, reset wallet. Allow it to finish the reset. Uninstall. Then install from the apk.
Option 2 - (also assumes already installed) - Just download the apk and have it update.

I recommend option 1 over option 2. Do what you will, don't hold me responsible :)

I downloaded this but it wont let me install. Is there another mirror one or something. Tried it twice.

---------- Post Merged at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Nvm got it too work with the email trick.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded this but it wont let me install. Is there another mirror one or something. Tried it twice.

---------- Post Merged at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Nvm got it too work with the email trick.

Can you clarify the email trick for others please? :)

chris4404

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone actually tried using the app? I followed these methods and can install the app but when I go to use it in the real world it always fails while I hold up the line.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone actually tried using the app? I followed these methods and can install the app but when I go to use it in the real world it always fails while I hold up the line.

I've had it since launch day, always on the latest apk, and it always works. Are you sure you're using a NFC ready terminal? Also, make sure NFC is checked in Settings<Wireless & Networks< more. I recommend the Paypass Locator app to find stores. I use it regularly at CVS, Mickey D's, the caf in my office building, and a gas station by my house. I saw a guy trying to use it at a Mobil Speedpass last night looking goofy and frustrated. I laughed and had to tell him it will not work there. He was surprise I even knew what he was trying to do lol. Good times.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...bS5tYXN0ZXJjYXJkLnBheXBhc3MiXQ&token=ucDeQC3b..

chris4404

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I tried using it at McDonald's and it failed. My MasterCard is issued from a local bank so maybe they have a restriction on it? I wish I has screenshot-ted the error message. I'll try it again tonight and see what happens. Is your phone rooted?

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I side loaded the app and it works for me on stock JB. Sometimes though a terminal at my local Meijer store won't work, other times it does. I also use it at a convienence store and it works there.

stinkyadv

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Can Someone point me in the right direction for an updated wallet APK? Mines is not working as of this morning on unlocked rooted stock VZW SGN running 4.1

BGBCOLOSTATE

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So I am the newb to all of this, I was able to get the app installed, thanks for the apk, but the problem that I am running into now is the wonderful error when i launch the app;

"Not Supported"

"Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for you device or mobile network."

I am running the stock ROM, no root, on the VZW GS3 with ICS 4.0.4

Any words of advice?

leohernandeznj

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
goole wallet needs to update ad of course being verizon the apk does work anymore.anyone have any ideas?

steveinator

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
tried to install Wallet 1.5-R81-v4.ap... install seemed to complete... then lunched wallet and got that this app is mot supported message ARG!!!
i get that message every time i start the app...
do i need to uninstall ... i dont see it in my downloaded apps..

thanks
-steve

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
That version of Wallet will no longer work on the Nexus. You need version 1.6 - R96-v13. There are some links in other threads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton