Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Soft key issue with replacement

Just got my 2nd replacement since launch day due to not being able to hold a 4G signal consistently. The new one is MUCH better as far as the signal goes, but I discovered an issue with the soft keys when setting it up. I really don't want to swap this one - it had the CLN sticker on it, but the *#*#786#*#* menu says it's new, not a refurb, with all the data and call logs at 0.

Basically what is happening is that if I use the app-switcher and swipe a program closed, all of the soft keys will require an extra firm press to be recognized unless I press the power button to put it to sleep then wake it back up.

It definitely feels like a software issue, and maybe the older ones were also doing it and I just didn't realize it until now, but has anyone else experienced this or know what might be going on?

Default Re: Soft key issue with replacement

The soft keys are built into the OS and are not separate like other phones. I would try a factory reset and if it's still happening take it to a store for trouble shooting. They might replace again.