I am officially pissed
08-13-2012 09:56 PM
- I really wanted to love this phone but Samsung equals crap as far as hardware is concerned. Now my Galaxy Nexus won't change yet it says it's charging when it's unplugged. I have always hate d Samsung but I wanted a nexus. All was great for a few months now this. I really don't want a replacement but it is my only choice.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 208-09-2012 10:53 PM
- happened to me too, but while i was waiting for a call rep to setup a replacement it cleared itself and started charging
my battery dropped pretty low, i let it charge (so i thought) for a couple of hours, it died - i thought my charger was bad, i went thru trying 3 chargers, none were working - realized it was the phone....08-10-2012 10:50 PM
I am like you, I want a new device as opposed to a refurbished one. Regardless of people's horror stories where they have been through multiple refurbs, the fact remains that the phone will be more closely tested/inspected than a new device.
Remember, for every person that gets a working refurb and makes a post saying the replacement device works... 20 people share their horror story. It skews reality. Good luck!
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 208-11-2012 06:06 AM
- I had this problem and I figured it out. Actually its not Samsung's fault as such. I had this happen on my DX as well. The problem for me was, the mini USB port on the Bottom of the phone. If you plug the phone in, it is possible on occasion to bend the middle tab that goes inside the female charging cable, to get bent out of the way and in such a way that it actually touches the lower or upper part of the port. This is technically a short, but because the phone is so awesome it just shows it as charging when its not. I removed the battery, took a small nail file and bent mine back very gently. And Boom. No more charging issues. I just take a little more care when plugging the phone into the charger to prevent future fuster clucks.
Hope this helps.
D$08-11-2012 06:17 AM
- I had the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S II. Now my daughter is having the same issue on her Samsung Epic 4g. The charger ports on Samsung phones are terrible to say the least. I thought it was my charger but much phone blew out every charger I plugged into it. Even the charger at the Sprint store when he was trying to fix it. Sprint ended up giving me a brand new phone sealed in the box. Samsung phones are not that sturdy.08-11-2012 06:32 AM
- I tried bending the usb port but no luck. The phone has gone from not recognizing the charger to thinking it's charging all the time again, at least when it thinks it's charging it will accept a charge... Lol... Which is good enough for now. I was sick of swapping out batteries with my girlfriends nexus... And I think she was too.
I also have several chargers that I tried, at first each one had a different result. Now it's up to the phone wether it is in charge mode or not.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 208-11-2012 09:42 AM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Verizon Galaxy Nexus
I am officially pissed
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD