Tasker not working with NFC Tag Launcher

tiramg

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I must be doing something wrong but i don't know what it is.....

Am trying to remove the need for a Lockscreen when I'm at home (so that when i hit power - it just goes right to the home screen)

First I install Tasker.....then Secure Settings...THEN...NFC Tag Launcher...
I enable the Misc Preference in Tasker for "Allow....something-or-other..."

I create a task in Tasker to use the Secure Settings plugin for the keyguard and i set it to OFF (i call it UNLOCK)
I then create a task in Tasker to use the Secure Settings plugin for the keyguard and set it to ON (I call it LOCK)

Then I open NFC Tag Launcher and create a New Switch for UNLOCK and LOCK and write it to my tag.

Touching the phone to the tag - it registers the tap and says UNLOCK or LOCK in the profile....but nothing changes. I still have a lockscreen.

What am i doing wrong? I have tried numerous times. Even tried 3 different ROM's to see if that is the culprit. HELP!

Aguaski

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I am not familiar enough with how to use NFC on my Gnex to be of help with this question, but I did create a Tasker profile that does what you described using my home WiFi. When connected to my WiFi the lock screen is off and when disconnected the lock screen is on. Works great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

tiramg

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
so maybe my problem is that i'm not using Tasker correctly....

i can't even seem to get it to do that.

can you walk me through the steps to set that up?
Instructions on setting up the profile and the correct task would be really helpful.

Thanks!

spinnerfarm

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
This sounds very interesting. Can you please describe how you set this up, in some detail for those of use who are intertested but not technical giants :)

Also, what tags did you use and how do you encode them? Do you leave them on a desk or table at home and touch the phone to them? what happens if you move the phone away from them? How do you re-set from one tag profile to another?

Really would like to know more about this as it could very well be something I could use.

Thanks,
Steve

tiramg

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
well...i never did get it working right. ultimately, i just abandoned tasker and no longer use a lock screen.

i do think i figured out what was wrong however.
it had something to do with the time the settings. if i knew how to fix it i would be using it now. i determined it is not an incompatibility between the 2 programs. it is actually an incorrect setting within tasker.
i ended up setting up tasker to use gps/wifi state instead of as an NFC event. It would work for a little while but not 100% of the time. i think that it the problem had to do with the phone connecting/disconnecting from wifi during screen off. then rather than remain unlocked or locked or whatever, it would change to locked.
hard to explain. but i think that there probably needs to be a wait command entered into tasker to get it set up right. i don't know how to do that and couldn't get much help on it.
if you ever figure it out...i'd be grateful to know.

T

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze