Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Robodude's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

    Question How do you get the stock mail app to display more than 25 emails?

    How do you get the stock mail app to display more than 25 emails at a time without having to hit "Loading Messages" at the bottom?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    Robodude's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

    Default Re: How do you get the stock mail app to display more than 25 ema

    Every smart phone I've had would cache more than 25 emails at a time. Even the Treo did this... am i missing something or am I the only person who'd like to scroll more than just the past 25 recent messages without having to download more off the server?
  3. #3  
    yodatom10's Avatar

    Posts
    1,884 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: How do you get the stock mail app to display more than 25 ema

    in the gmail and email app there should be an option in account settings to sync all mail.
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button
  4. #4  

    Default

    Robodude, I know exactly what you're talking about.... I've been trying to find this out for a week now.

    Usually there's a setting for how many messages to download, but the GN client doesn't have it.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  
    yodatom10's Avatar

    Posts
    1,884 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Are we talking about the email app or the gmail app ?

    Sent from my Jelly bean powered Galaxy Nexus
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button
  6. #6  

    Default Re: How do you get the stock mail app to display more than 25 ema

    The regular email app.

    Gmail lets you set "days of mail to sync", but the regular client doesn't have a setting for that, nor for amount of messages.

    It generally isn't a real issue, but every once in a while I get slammed with a lot of mail, and can't even see a whole days worth of email without jumping through hoops (must continuously press "Load more messages" each time I open the client).
  7. #7  

    Default Re: How do you get the stock mail app to display more than 25 ema

    In light of this, is there a better regular email client anyone out there would recommend?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Robodude's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

    Default Re: How do you get the stock mail app to display more than 25 ema

    Quote Originally Posted by skidiver View Post
    The regular email app.

    Gmail lets you set "days of mail to sync", but the regular client doesn't have a setting for that, nor for amount of messages.

    It generally isn't a real issue, but every once in a while I get slammed with a lot of mail, and can't even see a whole days worth of email without jumping through hoops (must continuously press "Load more messages" each time I open the client).
    This is exactly the problem I have every day. It's very annoying. What's a good free alternative mail app?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Robodude's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

    Default Re: How do you get the stock mail app to display more than 25 ema

    I switched from a HTC Sense phone to the Nexus to get the pure stock experience. Sometimes it's the little tweaks that make a difference in user experience. I thought we were past that in ICS but I see some kinks still remain.
  10. #10  
    yodatom10's Avatar

    Posts
    1,884 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    I can sync all my email without issue. Do you have your settings set like that ?





    Sent from my Jelly bean powered Galaxy Nexus
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button
    Thanked by:
    zett40 
  11. #11  

    Default Re: How do you get the stock mail app to display more than 25 ema

    I have same issue.... I am in the setting under the native email client and I cant find the pages you took a screen shot of. Is that a add-on app?
  12. #12  

    Default Re: How do you get the stock mail app to display more than 25 ema

    Yodatom (and everyone else) - which version of the Nexus are you using?

    I have the Verizon / LTE GN.

    The screenshots you posted look similar to what I used to have on my HTC Droid Incredible, but the GN has nothing that remotely looks like that.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: How do you get the stock mail app to display more than 25 ema

    OK, I figured out where Yodatom is getting those screens from... you're connecting to an Exchange server, correct?

    I use a different app for Exchange, but just configured the stock client and got those options.

    Unfortunately, those settings are missing for imap and pop3 accounts, which I use for my personal email.

    Sigh, I might have to use another 3rd party app... or move all my email to Exhange.

    Anyone else have any ideas/suggestions?
  14. #14  
    yodatom10's Avatar

    Posts
    1,884 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zett40 View Post
    I have same issue.... I am in the setting under the native email client and I cant find the pages you took a screen shot of. Is that a add-on app?






    Quote Originally Posted by skidiver View Post
    Yodatom (and everyone else) - which version of the Nexus are you using?

    I have the Verizon / LTE GN.

    The screenshots you posted look similar to what I used to have on my HTC Droid Incredible, but the GN has nothing that remotely looks like that.






    Quote Originally Posted by skidiver View Post
    OK, I figured out where Yodatom is getting those screens from... you're connecting to an Exchange server, correct?

    I use a different app for Exchange, but just configured the stock client and got those options.

    Unfortunately, those settings are missing for imap and pop3 accounts, which I use for my personal email.

    Sigh, I might have to use another 3rd party app... or move all my email to Exhange.

    Anyone else have any ideas/suggestions?
    I'm using an exchange server for work. IMAP pop3 doesn't support those.? I would recommend k9 mail as a replacement email client

    I'm also on Jellybean if that makes a difference

    Sent from my Jelly bean powered Galaxy Nexus
    Last edited by yodatom10; 08-15-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button
  15. #15  

    Default

    I use Enhanced Email for my Exchange (work) account. I guess I can configure it for my personal mail too, I just liked keeping them on 2 separate apps; makes it easier to use and manage.

    Google really dropped the ball on this one though. Shouldn't need a 3rd party applications for something so basic.


    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Posting Permissions

B