How do you get the stock mail app to display more than 25 emails at a time without having to hit "Loading Messages" at the bottom?
    08-13-2012 04:45 PM
    Every smart phone I've had would cache more than 25 emails at a time. Even the Treo did this... am i missing something or am I the only person who'd like to scroll more than just the past 25 recent messages without having to download more off the server?
    08-14-2012 08:45 AM
    in the gmail and email app there should be an option in account settings to sync all mail.
    08-14-2012 04:43 PM
    Robodude, I know exactly what you're talking about.... I've been trying to find this out for a week now.

Usually there's a setting for how many messages to download, but the GN client doesn't have it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    08-14-2012 08:29 PM
    Are we talking about the email app or the gmail app ?

Sent from my Jelly bean powered Galaxy Nexus
    08-14-2012 08:30 PM
    The regular email app.

Gmail lets you set "days of mail to sync", but the regular client doesn't have a setting for that, nor for amount of messages.

It generally isn't a real issue, but every once in a while I get slammed with a lot of mail, and can't even see a whole days worth of email without jumping through hoops (must continuously press "Load more messages" each time I open the client).
    08-15-2012 08:15 AM
    In light of this, is there a better regular email client anyone out there would recommend?
    08-15-2012 11:57 AM
    The regular email app.

Gmail lets you set "days of mail to sync", but the regular client doesn't have a setting for that, nor for amount of messages.

It generally isn't a real issue, but every once in a while I get slammed with a lot of mail, and can't even see a whole days worth of email without jumping through hoops (must continuously press "Load more messages" each time I open the client).
    This is exactly the problem I have every day. It's very annoying. What's a good free alternative mail app?
    08-15-2012 12:35 PM
    I switched from a HTC Sense phone to the Nexus to get the pure stock experience. Sometimes it's the little tweaks that make a difference in user experience. I thought we were past that in ICS but I see some kinks still remain.
    08-15-2012 12:38 PM
    I can sync all my email without issue. Do you have your settings set like that ?

zett40 likes this.
    08-15-2012 01:16 PM
    I have same issue.... I am in the setting under the native email client and I cant find the pages you took a screen shot of. Is that a add-on app?
    08-15-2012 02:51 PM
    Yodatom (and everyone else) - which version of the Nexus are you using?

I have the Verizon / LTE GN.

The screenshots you posted look similar to what I used to have on my HTC Droid Incredible, but the GN has nothing that remotely looks like that.
    08-15-2012 03:04 PM
    OK, I figured out where Yodatom is getting those screens from... you're connecting to an Exchange server, correct?

I use a different app for Exchange, but just configured the stock client and got those options.

Unfortunately, those settings are missing for imap and pop3 accounts, which I use for my personal email.

Sigh, I might have to use another 3rd party app... or move all my email to Exhange.

Anyone else have any ideas/suggestions?
    08-15-2012 03:09 PM
    I have same issue.... I am in the setting under the native email client and I cant find the pages you took a screen shot of. Is that a add-on app?

Yodatom (and everyone else) - which version of the Nexus are you using?

I have the Verizon / LTE GN.

The screenshots you posted look similar to what I used to have on my HTC Droid Incredible, but the GN has nothing that remotely looks like that.

OK, I figured out where Yodatom is getting those screens from... you're connecting to an Exchange server, correct?

I use a different app for Exchange, but just configured the stock client and got those options.

Unfortunately, those settings are missing for imap and pop3 accounts, which I use for my personal email.

Sigh, I might have to use another 3rd party app... or move all my email to Exhange.

Anyone else have any ideas/suggestions?
    I'm using an exchange server for work. IMAP pop3 doesn't support those.? I would recommend k9 mail as a replacement email client

I'm also on Jellybean if that makes a difference

08-15-2012 03:23 PM
    I use Enhanced Email for my Exchange (work) account. I guess I can configure it for my personal mail too, I just liked keeping them on 2 separate apps; makes it easier to use and manage.

Google really dropped the ball on this one though. Shouldn't need a 3rd party applications for something so basic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    08-15-2012 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD