Apps button

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok so heres a semi-stupid question..
Lat week I has on the phone got aggravated and somehow deleted my apps button on the home screen. 1st I freaked but realized I had Nova so I restored my screens and it was back.
So heres the stupid part, what if I did not have Nova how would I restore that button? I am unlocked and rooted if that matters.

Wheels309

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about the App Drawer Icon in the dock? if you are running the stock OS, this is not removable like it is in Nova or other launchers.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I am not stock... in my 1st post I believe I stated I was unlocked and rooted, should have stated a custom rom also.

First of all, with Nova, you don't need to restore your settings for deleting the app drawer icon. All you need to do is long press on the home screen and select Nova actions. Click on app drawer and it will add it to the home screen so you can drag it to your dock.
Not sure on the stock launcher method.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I am not stock... in my 1st post I believe I stated I was unlocked and rooted, should have stated a custom rom also.

Its not removable on the stock launcher, which is your question. Doesn't matter that you are rooted/custom ROM. Stock launcher is the stock launcher.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
So heres the stupid part, what if I did not have Nova how would I restore that button?...

I am not stock... in my 1st post I believe I stated I was unlocked and rooted...

But...it actually was your question since being unlocked & rooted doesn't necessarily imply you're not using a "stock" Launcher.
So, if you ARE using a "stock" Launcher (as your original question asks) it cannot be removed.
If you're using a custom ROM (as your later post hypothesized) and not the "stock" Launcher, there's always a way to get it back either by adding the shortcut back or through the ROM settings. Or as you did with Nova - restore a backup (though as already stated with Nova you can add it back without restoring).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok sorry I did not include all the info on my first post... but I did say I was using Nova and was unlocked and rooted, just omitted the custom rom on the phone.
So how do you add the short cut again I found no way to add a short cut in the rom settings. Is there a "stock" way of restoring the apps button in the dock?

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
@ Xanth269:
- If you're using the stock Launcher - you can't delete it to begin with
- If you're using Nova Launcher - long-press a blank area on a screen--> tap "Nova Actions"--> tap "App Drawer"--> drag that icon into the Dock
- If you're using a custom Launcher included with a ROM - depends on the ROM but typically it's somewhere with the ROM's settings. If not, then it's likely a similar method to Nova Launcher as I described above within this post

Hope that helped.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Xanth269

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles