How is Go Launcher compared to Apex or Nova?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
1.Stock
2.nova
3.apex
4.go launcher

Go launcher has some series catching up to do especially on jellybean

Sent from my Jelly bean powered Galaxy Nexus

Reactions: Androhead27

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I switched from go to apex, then apex had some wallpaper issues.
Then I switched to Nova, it has more gestures than apex, so you can launch more apps without having icons all over the screen.

Downwind

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I was sucked into trying Nova by all the folks pimping for it here. I used it for a few weeks and went back to Go. I got addicted to their widgets. Maybe if we ever get the OTA JB I'll have to switch. For now I'm sticking with Go.

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
any app with the prefix Go is prob a POS in my opinion. Nova is fantastic and gives you more options than stock. You can also use icon themes made for apex or go on it with out the cluttered ui and cheese feel

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
any app with the prefix Go is prob a POS in my opinion....

I found GO to be "acceptable" for GB but since ICS+ forget about it - it's gotta be Nova or Apex! They're this OS generation's ADW -VS- Launcher Pro.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

boomerbsg

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I prefer Apex to Nova because Apex has features available in the free version that are only in the paid version of Nova.

this.

I recently installed AOKP and it has Nova on it.. I much prefer Apex. Come on Nova, really, double tapping my home screen to bring up a menu is really a premium feature?

I dont think you can go wrong with either one really, its a matter of preference, and of course, performance, Apex fits the bill for me.

cheers

Alex Khassapov

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
How exactly Go Launcher sucks? I find it way better than Apex or Nova, so do other 692,580 users.
One big advantage of Apex/Nova vs Go - you can add widgets to dock.

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I've used flashlight widget in the dock.. but I think it makes the dock look ugly so I just keep it on a widget on the 2nd home page..

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Mostly I prefer Apex but lately using Go Launcher because I like the Go Locker. Is there a way to change the wallpaper on the lock screen if using Apex?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm now using the stock Trebuchet launcher that's included with CM10.

I used to use Go when I ran Peach Sunrise. I definitely miss the widgets, especially Go Calendar. For the life of me I can't find a 4x4 swipeable calendar that links me to my actual calendar. I want one like the one included with Launcher Pro and Go Calendar.

Sent from my SGH-T679 running CyanogenMod 10.