Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

Default Re: Stored Music not shown in any app !!

Quote Originally Posted by rtsundara View Post
    Thanks a lot It worked like a charm ..

But as somebody said above i did clear data of gallery also Now that app is missing obviously not showing up running apps also ... May be a dumb Q .. Where to download gallery service/app ...
    clearing the data and cache of gallery shouldn't remove the app lol

@dmmarck I hear ya man, I'm not downloading ROM Manager ever again after all this crap they put us thru.
    On that Jellybean stuff
    dmmarck likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Nope reboot does not work and no camera app I am still finding what and all is missing ?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Well camera's a part of Gallery now. Did you flash a GAPPs package? Try reflashing the GAPPs package if so.

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

You must have done something else rtsundara lol
    On that Jellybean stuff
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Thanks for the quick one ! But i am new to rooting .. Could you please point me to a resource ?

Update : Flashed Gapps as well as the custom rom again .. Both didn't work

Update2 : installed Fx camera and another gallery app from play . Both work fine ..

And i believe out of curiosity i would have deleted .nomedia file from some other place also other than sdcard Did that caused that problem ? If so where i should add that file ?

Update3: Was searching forums then found it .. My mistake app was in a disabled state and all disabled apps listed @ bottom

If you go into Settings > Apps > All, and scroll to the very bottom, is Gallery disabled/grayed out? You can re-enable it from there.

Thanks dmmacrk for solution to mp3 indexing

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Clear data in Media Storage, then reboot.

Also, let this serve as a warning: no one should be using ROM Manager
    What other option is there for samsung fascinate users? I've been running Rom Manager since the beginning, at least they got an updated patch out within a day. Though it did give us one hell of a scare.

I think this is a case of "everyone should back up their SD card to their computer regularly" as it could happen with any app update really.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by subastion View Post
    What other option is there for samsung fascinate users? I've been running Rom Manager since the beginning, at least they got an updated patch out within a day. Though it did give us one hell of a scare.

I think this is a case of "everyone should back up their SD card to their computer regularly" as it could happen with any app update really.
    I agree, your SDcard should be backed up relentlessly.
    subastion likes this.

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

I wonder if my phone got screwed up because I possibly updated Rom manager? I haven't used Rom manager in over a month or two.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakrohtap View Post
    I wonder if my phone got screwed up because I possibly updated Rom manager? I haven't used Rom manager in over a month or two.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    It in fact did . Delete the app and delete the .nomedia files found on your SDcard. We have a few threads on it. Then clear cache/data from all of the associated apps--Gallery, Media Storage, Play Music, etc. Reboot.

hello.i use a sky IM-A760S with android 4.0.4 and i have the same problem but i can't fix it with your tips.i've deleted the .nomedia files, cleared the cache with GO Task Manager cache clear app, restarted the phone but the problem still persist.Can anyone give some suggestions?Thanks.

Remove the ".nomedia" file from the folder. To prevent the images being picked up on the gallery, just long press the folder and use the remove option. Try using "play.google.com/music" on your PC to sync all of your tunes with your device, great app. Nearly as good as Google Keep.

Having this problem as well but it was only affecting new files. Did the steps previously mentioned (force stop/clear data) and now all music and images from sd card are gone. Oddly, images on the phone (internal memory) are still there, but not the music. Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II. Just did another round of close/clear and rebooted, so we'll see.

Update: still nothing. How long should I wait before declaring this a failure and biting the bullet for a full restore?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12