Stored Music not shown in any app !!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I deleted all mo media files .. went through every folder ... Now my Mx player starts showing videos .. But none of my music apps show mp3s. I uninstalled ROM manager and even did reboot several times ..

Help Me :'(

Clear data in Media Storage, then reboot.

Also, let this serve as a warning: no one should be using ROM Manager :)

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I am not using Rom manager and I just got this issue after installing the latest Euroskank. No music files showing in any music player and just noticed no galleries except for dropbox.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I am not using Rom manager and I just got this issue after installing the latest Euroskank. No music files showing in any music player and just noticed no galleries except for dropbox.

Check your app drawer--ROM Manager should install with it b/c it's included as a system app of CM10.

rtsundara

May 25, 2012
Visit site

Thanks a lot :) It worked like a charm ..

But as somebody said above i did clear data of gallery also :( Now that app is missing obviously not showing up running apps also ... May be a dumb Q .. Where to download gallery service/app ...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

But as somebody said above i did clear data of gallery also :( Now that app is missing obviously not showing up running apps also ... May be a dumb Q .. Where to download gallery service/app ...

I'd try a reboot first; either that or start hunting for .nomedia files in the root of your SDcard.

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

clearing the data and cache of gallery shouldn't remove the app lol

@dmmarck I hear ya man, I'm not downloading ROM Manager ever again after all this crap they put us thru.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Well camera's a part of Gallery now. Did you flash a GAPPs package? Try reflashing the GAPPs package if so.

rtsundara

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the quick one ! But i am new to rooting .. Could you please point me to a resource ?

Update : Flashed Gapps as well as the custom rom again .. Both didn't work :(

Update2 : installed Fx camera and another gallery app from play . Both work fine ..

And i believe out of curiosity i would have deleted .nomedia file from some other place also other than sdcard :( Did that caused that problem ? If so where i should add that file ?

Update3: :D :D Was searching forums then found it .. My mistake app was in a disabled state and all disabled apps listed @ bottom

If you go into Settings > Apps > All, and scroll to the very bottom, is Gallery disabled/grayed out? You can re-enable it from there.

Thanks dmmacrk for solution to mp3 indexing

Last edited:

subastion

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

What other option is there for samsung fascinate users? I've been running Rom Manager since the beginning, at least they got an updated patch out within a day. Though it did give us one hell of a scare.

I think this is a case of "everyone should back up their SD card to their computer regularly" as it could happen with any app update really.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
What other option is there for samsung fascinate users? I've been running Rom Manager since the beginning, at least they got an updated patch out within a day. Though it did give us one hell of a scare.

I think this is a case of "everyone should back up their SD card to their computer regularly" as it could happen with any app update really.

I agree, your SDcard should be backed up relentlessly.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if my phone got screwed up because I possibly updated Rom manager? I haven't used Rom manager in over a month or two.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if my phone got screwed up because I possibly updated Rom manager? I haven't used Rom manager in over a month or two.

It in fact did :). Delete the app and delete the .nomedia files found on your SDcard. We have a few threads on it. Then clear cache/data from all of the associated apps--Gallery, Media Storage, Play Music, etc. Reboot.

vatco

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
hello.i use a sky IM-A760S with android 4.0.4 and i have the same problem but i can't fix it with your tips.i've deleted the .nomedia files, cleared the cache with GO Task Manager cache clear app, restarted the phone but the problem still persist.Can anyone give some suggestions?Thanks.

Furnz

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Remove the ".nomedia" file from the folder. To prevent the images being picked up on the gallery, just long press the folder and use the remove option. Try using "play.google.com/music" on your PC to sync all of your tunes with your device, great app. Nearly as good as Google Keep.

dpirtle213

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Having this problem as well but it was only affecting new files. Did the steps previously mentioned (force stop/clear data) and now all music and images from sd card are gone. Oddly, images on the phone (internal memory) are still there, but not the music. Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II. Just did another round of close/clear and rebooted, so we'll see.

Update: still nothing. How long should I wait before declaring this a failure and biting the bullet for a full restore?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty