Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Stored Music not shown in any app !!

Hi ,

Using Vzw GNex rooted,unlocked and loaded with JB 4.1.1. Until yesterday everything was fine. Suddenly all music/video player apps blacked out. No stored music info was shown. (Google Music/Mx Player/Winamp/doubletwist). Restarted/removed battery/sim nothing works. But through file explorer able to play stored music. So access to sd card is fine i believe.

Any idea/suggestions welcomed

TIA,
    SP
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Stored Music not shown in any app !!

Even did a clear cahe/force stop start of google music app ....

bah!
    Last edited by n0obpr0; 08-16-2012 at 02:59 AM.
    On that Jellybean stuff

If you are using ROM manager look for a .nomedia file on your SD card and delete it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

That actually works for some people! I still can't play music lol Damn ROM Manager
    On that Jellybean stuff

Wow! The same thing is happening to me. Rooted on Vicious JB 4.1.1.

What the heck is happening????

I found a "no media" file in my rom toolbox folder. Would I delete that one? Or are there other "no media" files in other directories?

There are actually more than just one. I delete all the ones I found but I still don't have all my pictures back.
    On that Jellybean stuff

Found out that yesterday's update to Rom Mgr is what caused the problem. They released an update to fix it this morning.

After deleting data on Media Storage and rebooting and waiting a little bit of time to refresh, it all works now.

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Codenameandroid 1.3

Apparently the rom manager app is causing this but I still go into Root Explorer and delete all the. .nomedia files I can find but still no music or photos

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    569 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP 25/Imoseyon lean 2.2

Then reboot and then give it 20-30 minutes. They should reappear.

Quote Originally Posted by 5h4un360 View Post
    Apparently the rom manager app is causing this but I still go into Root Explorer and delete all the. .nomedia files I can find but still no music or photos

After deleting all the .nomedia files, force close and clear data and cache for Media storage, Gallery, and Google play music. Reboot and give it a couple mins for the pictures to show up in gallery and for google play music to work right.

That's what I did and it works fine now.
    On that Jellybean stuff
    Thanked by:
    5h4un360 likes this.

THANK JESUS

I hope this works, I've been scouring every phone forum I'm part of for an answer, this is the first thread with solid info. I've been reposting this on other forums and in other threads.

Damnit, I had over 900 photos on my phone and more than 400 songs. I hope this fixes it!

Thank you guys!(and any ladies)

I have about 800 photos and 200 songs lol I know your pain. I didn't go to sleep last night until 3 am trying to figure out how to fix it.
    On that Jellybean stuff

Whoot! I got almost all my photos back, those that weren't recovered I got back using recuva last night and I just have to copy them back over to my sd card from my desktop.

Got stuck in the 'safe mode' recovery loop thanks to widgets, will report back on song files.
    Now that I'm looking at my album, perhaps SOME of those .nomedia files need to be there, I'm seeing pictures from games and a bunch of stuff. Maybe it blocks whatever media is present in that directory. IE if a .nomedia is present in root/SDcard then no media will appear to be on the SD card.

Or if it's in SDcard/Music/.nomedia there just wont be any media in 'music' directory.
    I recommend instead of blindly deleting the .nomedia files like I did to only delete the one in your /SD directory.
    n0obpr0 likes this.

Music is back.

So delete the following .nomedia files unless you want to see picture folders from everything in your SD card.

Root/SDcard/.nomedia (this should return your photos
    Root/SDcard/Music.nomedia (if there isn't one, don't fret, deleting the sdcard root .nomedia should do it).

There you go. I hope you all a happy recovery from this botched update. I was in tears when I realized I didn't have over 3 years worth of memories on my phone.

Titanium backup and CWM recovery files are a MUST. Even with those I doubt will recover the photo file structure I had prior to my overreaction of deleting my photo file and re-creating it.

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Codenameandroid 1.3

Quote Originally Posted by n0obpr0 View Post
    After deleting all the .nomedia files, force close and clear data and cache for Media storage, Gallery, and Google play music. Reboot and give it a couple mins for the pictures to show up in gallery and for google play music to work right.

That's what I did and it works fine now.
    Oh man thanks!!! You're my hero! Haha I had over 1000 pics and 500 songs and I work late tonight so it would've been terrible without my music! Thanks again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by n0obpr0 View Post
    I have about 800 photos and 200 songs lol I know your pain. I didn't go to sleep last night until 3 am trying to figure out how to fix it.
    Yep, I was so burnt up over it I didn't get to sleep either. I suppose I should have slowed down and I would have seen the .nomedia file in my SD card root directory and possibly would have sparked a thought.

Ohwell, live and learn. Keep those backups fresh ya'll!

Quote Originally Posted by subastion View Post
    Yep, I was so burnt up over it I didn't get to sleep either. I suppose I should have slowed down and I would have seen the .nomedia file in my SD card root directory and possibly would have sparked a thought.

Ohwell, live and learn. Keep those backups fresh ya'll!
    Now that you mention it, I did noticed the .nomedile file on my sdcard before the issue started. I just I didn't care at all lol I feel stupid now

@5h4un360 No problem sir, I hope that works for you as well.
    On that Jellybean stuff
    subastion likes this.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

I deleted all no media files .. went through every folder ... Now my Mx player starts showing videos .. But none of my music apps show mp3s. I uninstalled ROM manager and even did reboot several times ..

Even i copied all of my mp3s from media folder to music app ! My phone had that problem before when i updated to jelly bean .. I wont update the library without a restart and when songs are not in a particular folder ..

Help Me
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by rtsundara View Post
    I deleted all mo media files .. went through every folder ... Now my Mx player starts showing videos .. But none of my music apps show mp3s. I uninstalled ROM manager and even did reboot several times ..

Help Me
    Clear data in Media Storage, then reboot.

Also, let this serve as a warning: no one should be using ROM Manager
    Thanked by 2:
    oxymoron and n0obpr0 like this.

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post

I am not using Rom manager and I just got this issue after installing the latest Euroskank. No music files showing in any music player and just noticed no galleries except for dropbox.

Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakrohtap View Post
    I am not using Rom manager and I just got this issue after installing the latest Euroskank. No music files showing in any music player and just noticed no galleries except for dropbox.

Check your app drawer--ROM Manager should install with it b/c it's included as a system app of CM10.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post

Thanks a lot It worked like a charm ..

But as somebody said above i did clear data of gallery also Now that app is missing obviously not showing up running apps also ... May be a dumb Q .. Where to download gallery service/app ...
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by rtsundara View Post
    Thanks a lot It worked like a charm ..

But as somebody said above i did clear data of gallery also Now that app is missing obviously not showing up running apps also ... May be a dumb Q .. Where to download gallery service/app ...
    I'd try a reboot first; either that or start hunting for .nomedia files in the root of your SDcard.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast