question on Nexus

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I've done alot of reading and it appears like its fiftyfifty in whether you'll get a good nexus. since my nephew is eligible for a upgrade and BestBuy have them for free. He's coming from a lg alley.

for the price i think its worth a gamble, but would appreciate your thoughts. plus I get a 50.00 gift card too for buying at BestBuy

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
It's absolutely worth it. I have never had any issues with my GNex. My only complaint, like so many others, is that the signal strength isn't great. That being said, it's by far the best Android phone on Verizon, IMO.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I think I went through 3 or 4 before I got one to my satisfaction. Never had any signal issues but did have dead pixel and banding. One I have now has a perfect screen.

Can't beat it for free, although if you're willing to spend a little more, S3 is a better phone imo. It's definitely the best phone out there for free. Put my gnex up on CL and was offered $275 for it, but when it came time to sell it, I couldn't do it. So it now sits on the shelf as a back up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
There isn't a phone out now that I would trade my GNex for. This will continue to have developer support for a long time. Weak signal at times but can still get higher speeds than my home Internet, even on bad days.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
i think this is a far less common problem then people online are making it out to be. I know a bunch of nexus owners in real life and no one has had to return a phone for the dreaded signal or dropped call issues you read about on this and other android forums / websites. I dont know if it is the city they live in, them being phone hypochondriacs or what, but I find it hard to believe the problem is this wide spread. My g nex has been amazing since day 1.

the s3 has amazing processor and ram but is ugly has a physical home button. if you are going to root and install a vanilla rom it is an amazing phone but your nephew prob isnt going to so id say go with the nexus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair