playstore ?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
years ago i created a 26 character long gmail address and i have been using it for all my android devices. well yesterday i decided enough was enough and i needed to get a new google account i went ahead and created it . and spent the next 16 hrs transferring contacts pictures,google drive and my google music (should be done syncing in 6 weeks) i then went ahead and factory reset my gnex so i could have my new email be my primary and only google account on the phone, i thought i was saving my self time by backing up all my apk's no data with tibu. i then proceeded to set back up the phone and start the restore process i thought i was being a good boy by just restoring the apps without data and it actually fixed one my apps ( sorry glu mobile for that nasty email) i thought all was well until the play store only has 5 apps listed as installed its missing the other 125 apps anyone have any ideas about getting the play store to re scan for apps if i search for them there listed as installed but not listed as installed in the main list in the app or online. any ideas would be appreciated

TIA

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Afaik the apps are tied to the gmail account you purchased them under. I'm not aware of any way to transfer their "ownership" to a new account, which is what it sounds like you need. Of course if you find a way, please do share, I'd be curious.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Afaik the apps are tied to the gmail account you purchased them under. I'm not aware of any way to transfer their "ownership" to a new account, which is what it sounds like you need. Of course if you find a way, please do share, I'd be curious.

got an email back from google paid apps can not be transferred witch i was already aware of. the free apps my issue they said are also tied to the google account and would have to be re downloaded i found a work around if you install the app from the web browser using a pcit will see its already installed and add it to your app list. its annoying but it works

Reactions: jean15paul

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
got an email back from google paid apps can not be transferred witch i was already aware of. the free apps my issue they said are also tied to the google account and would have to be re downloaded i found a work around if you install the app from the web browser using a pcit will see its already installed and add it to your app list. its annoying but it works

That's a really good tip ... I assume for paid apps you're SOL, right?

rufflez

Banned
Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
unless you can work out a deal with the dev. lucky for me i hadn't bought any apps yet. but i did drop 25 bucks in the store today

Why don't you add your other 26 character account into just the market for the paid apps. You can choose not to sync anything else in the device settings.... that is, unless you've already deleted your account. Then you're SOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21