Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jmorosky
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Gnex: Shiny, A500 TO Omni

Default Signal Drop-A visual

First let me start with I love my Galaxy Nexus. This is no way intended to bash the galaxy nexus. Every aspect of the phone is great and it is the best phone I have ever owned. I am just sharing my experience with the rest of teh Android Central Community.

I have signal issues. My signal issue is a complete loss of signal... No4G, No 3G, no signal at all. It only drops for a few seconds and the signal returns. I have grown to live with it so far but installed No Signal Alert app just to track it. Below is a chart I put together using the data from the app. In August I have lost full signal 279 times. Since I installed the app in mid June I lost signal 1039 times. Do others with signal issues have the same experience?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Signal Drop-A visual-signal-loss-chart-august.jpg  

ROM
    AOSPA 3.99/ Golden Kernel

Default Re: Signal Drop-A visual

I'm not sure if you are rooted or not but I had this same situation. I flashed the new radios from 4.1.1 JRO03O Build and have had zero signal drops. I dare say it's finally fixed.

[RADIOS][VZW] Galaxy Nexus Radios and Installation Guide
    Thanked by:
    dmmarck likes this.

I had the exact same problems. And I can confirm that the new radios help. While things still aren't perfect I no longer have complete drops. For the record my signal still isn't as strong as it should and my speed tests prove this

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogrnmod 10.2

Default Re: Signal Drop-A visual

Danv you've got yourself a nice baseline there. Why not give the new radios a whirl, run no signal alert again and see if things improve?

How strong do you believe your signal should be?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2