Phone won't turn back on

jaykil

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I was out of town for work and was using my phone a lot. I had a new battery in it and it had drained to about 15-20% by time I got back to my car to charge it. I cut it on and the red exclamation came up on the battery then went into a reboot, though it never came back on. It would not recognize the car charger.

I had this happen to me a few weeks ago when I got it as a replacement for a broken phone. Again with a new battery. I called to get the replacement but as a last ditch effort, I plugged in the broken phone and it booted right up and was running perfectly since (which was about four days since I had last tried to boot it. I am rooted and running the 8-12 or 8-13 bugless beast.

I have tried all the tricks submitted in the forums: taking out battery and sim, holding button while plugged into usb as well as wall charger, none of them seem to work. I left the battery out last night. When I plug the phone into the computer, it makes the connected usb device sound and immediately plays the disconnected over and over until it is unplugged. It keeps flashing a new device as the chip of OMAP 4460 (or whatever the number is).

Any other suggestions?

jamontoast1291

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
My first Nexus did this and I got a replacement. When my second one did it I found the suggestion of taking out the sim and battery, holding down the power and volume, then putting them both back in and it mysteriously worked then.

TURD x SANDWICH

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What jamontoast1291 said. I can't believe that worked. I was freaking out!!! Dropped my phone from a countertop and it wouldn't boot back up. no charging light, no response, no anything. Found this post, and it worked!!!

Thanks a million times.

stephanie334

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I have this same problem just now let me tell you what happened

I HAVE THE GALAXY STELLER I BROUGHT FROM EBAY THE MAN SAID HE ONLY USED IT FOR 10 DAYS.
ITS A VERIZON PHONE BUT I WAS GOING TO USE IT ON PAGE PLUS NETWORK.
I CALLED THE STORE JUST 5 MINS. AGO TO ASK THEM COULD IT BE USED ON THERE NETWORK?
THEY TOLD ME TO TAKE THE BATTERY OFF & GIVE THEM THE IMEI NUMBER SO I DID.
THEY SAID YES IT CAN BE ACTIVATED ON THERE NETWORK!
IN FACT THEY SAID THE PHONE HAS ALREADY BEEN ACTIVATED WITH PAGE PLUS & A PAGE PLUS NUMBER IS ON THE PHONE BUT IT HAS NOT BEEN SET UP ON A PAGE PLUS PLAN I SAID OK COOL THANK YOU.
I PUT THE BATTER BACK IN THE PHONE AND NOW IT WONT COME BACK ON AT ALL.
I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!
B4 I CALLED THEM THE PHONE BEEN WORKING FINE WITH KNOW PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER.
BECAUSE I'VE HAD IT FOR 3 WEEKS NOW AND I ALREADY ADDED ALL MY CONTACTS,NUMBERS AND SUCH ECT,ECT,ECT... TO THE PHONE AND BEEN PLAYING AROUND WITH IT TRYING TO GET THE FEEL OF IT ALL WITH NO PROBLEM.
THIS IS THE 1ST TIME IN ABOUT A MONTH THIS HAS HAPPENED. I WONDER WHAT THE HELL DID THE LADY OVER THE PHONE DO TO THIS PHONE????
I TRIED TAKING THE BATTERY OUT & SIM.
I'VE THE HOLD DOWN VOLUME AND POWER BUTTOM METHOD AND STILL NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!
IT WONT POWER ON AT ALL NOT EVEN TO THE LOGO SCREEN NO NOTHING!!!!!
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Maverik_X

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I have this same problem just now let me tell you what happened

I HAVE THE GALAXY STELLER I BROUGHT FROM EBAY THE MAN SAID HE ONLY USED IT FOR 10 DAYS.
ITS A VERIZON PHONE BUT I WAS GOING TO USE IT ON PAGE PLUS NETWORK.
I CALLED THE STORE JUST 5 MINS. AGO TO ASK THEM COULD IT BE USED ON THERE NETWORK?
THEY TOLD ME TO TAKE THE BATTERY OFF & GIVE THEM THE IMEI NUMBER SO I DID.
THEY SAID YES IT CAN BE ACTIVATED ON THERE NETWORK!
IN FACT THEY SAID THE PHONE HAS ALREADY BEEN ACTIVATED WITH PAGE PLUS & A PAGE PLUS NUMBER IS ON THE PHONE BUT IT HAS NOT BEEN SET UP ON A PAGE PLUS PLAN I SAID OK COOL THANK YOU.
I PUT THE BATTER BACK IN THE PHONE AND NOW IT WONT COME BACK ON AT ALL.
I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!
B4 I CALLED THEM THE PHONE BEEN WORKING FINE WITH KNOW PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER.
BECAUSE I'VE HAD IT FOR 3 WEEKS NOW AND I ALREADY ADDED ALL MY CONTACTS,NUMBERS AND SUCH ECT,ECT,ECT... TO THE PHONE AND BEEN PLAYING AROUND WITH IT TRYING TO GET THE FEEL OF IT ALL WITH NO PROBLEM.
THIS IS THE 1ST TIME IN ABOUT A MONTH THIS HAS HAPPENED. I WONDER WHAT THE HELL DID THE LADY OVER THE PHONE DO TO THIS PHONE????
I TRIED TAKING THE BATTERY OUT & SIM.
I'VE THE HOLD DOWN VOLUME AND POWER BUTTOM METHOD AND STILL NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!
IT WONT POWER ON AT ALL NOT EVEN TO THE LOGO SCREEN NO NOTHING!!!!!
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE.

-1st things first learn how to use spell check. If English is your second language then keep practicing if it's your first language please take a refresher course in English 101 :p

-2nd thing have you tried taking the battery out for atleast 10 minutes? Make sure the battery is charged that your using if you have a bad charging port on your phone the battery will not charge. Another thing I have heard is after the battery/sim has been taken out is to hold down the power button and volume down button for atleast 30 seconds to release the residual charge in the phones capictors.;)
heres a link to Androidforums for a similiar issue check it out http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/558561-woke-up-morning-my-galaxy-nexus-wont-turn.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois