[OTA][9/21] Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

Ace4

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

quick question to those who have flashed this leak..... is the stock camera software any better with the update? the stock camera software on ICS is a JOKE....
It's flashier animation-wise, but other than that seems the same.

abdon_junbug

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

How is everyones battery life with JRO03O? I'm has cut in half almost. Any ideas?

My battery life seems to be better. I used to leave 4G off cause it would drain my battery. Now it seems to be OK whether 4G is on or not.
I was hoping for a drastic improvement with the radios though. Not so however. Cell radios are the same while WiFi will cut out every so often.
I'm starting to doubt Verizon will ever get it right.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

fasheezy

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm having the same issue with random shutdowns. It's usually when I'm away from the phone, I come back and it will not turn on with the power button. I have to do a battery pull. I'm running the JRO03O with CWM 6.0.1.0 as my recovery. Any possible solutions? I don't want to have to go through the trouble of sending the phone back and getting a new one if I can avoid it. Thanks.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I'm having the same issue with random shutdowns. It's usually when I'm away from the phone, I come back and it will not turn on with the power button. I have to do a battery pull. I'm running the JRO03O with CWM 6.0.1.0 as my recovery. Any possible solutions? I don't want to have to go through the trouble of sending the phone back and getting a new one if I can avoid it. Thanks.

Clear/wipe cache and dalvik cache.

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

I used Wugs to install the update. Everything seems to works except google play store. When I try to open the play store it says "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped". This message also pops up when the phone reboots. Any advice on how to fix this issue?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I used Wugs to install the update. Everything seems to works except google play store. When I try to open the play store it says "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped". This message also pops up when the phone reboots. Any advice on how to fix this issue?

Clear data and cache from the Play Store under Settings > Apps > All > Play Store... ?

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

It seems like there are more issues when you use an all in the box solution like Wugs, trust me it is worth the time and effort to follow each step manually and using ADB instead of just clicking a start button.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

It seems like there are more issues when you use an all in the box solution like Wugs, trust me it is worth the time and effort to follow each step manually and using ADB instead of just clicking a start button.

I agree 100%.

AndrewLopez

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site

First of all (before i start asking the really noobish questions again), I would like to thank dmmark for this thread. I was really unsure about putting JB on my phone and asked a few questions in earlier posts. After reading through all the posts in this thread (which answered a lot of my questions!) and a couple of dmmark's other awesome threads, I decided to throw all concern to the wind and get JB. I have JB on my phone now but during the process there were a few things that took me awhile to figure out and a few questions have arisen.

1. TWRP is Awesome (thats not a question its just a fact)

2. JB is Awesome (another fact)

ok ok here we go

3...uh 1. I created a full backup (system apps and media) and a partial backup using wugs before starting. (the files end in extension .ab i think) I was able to get my apps back using the partial backup but the full backup would just hang and my computer would lock up. Is there a way to view the files (kind of like windows backup) and select what i want to put back on my phone? maybe a an toolkit that can help with that?

2. When the official JB comes out can i use Wugs (or something else) to relock my phone and get the update through verizon?

3. Is there a thread/tutorial that goes over what i can do with the superuser app?

4. So i flashed the IMM76Q and then the JB (one right after the other). For some reason, when i booted up the first time, it didnt ask me any for any information (name, accounts to sync, etc. ) Is there a way to initiate the setup wizard? I just want to make sure i didn't forget to set something up.

Thanks again!

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Clear cache, data, and un installing updates and rebooting fixed it. Thanks for the advice.

I have a new pc and tried to install adb and the android sdk but had issues getting it to install, that is why I went the automated route. I would love to learn more of the manual way of doing things in android. Any suggestions on where or what to search for if I wanted to learn android programming?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

First of all (before i start asking the really noobish questions again), I would like to thank dmmark for this thread. I was really unsure about putting JB on my phone and asked a few questions in earlier posts. After reading through all the posts in this thread (which answered a lot of my questions!) and a couple of dmmark's other awesome threads, I decided to throw all concern to the wind and get JB. I have JB on my phone now but during the process there were a few things that took me awhile to figure out and a few questions have arisen.

1. TWRP is Awesome (thats not a question its just a fact) Agree

2. JB is Awesome (another fact) Agree

ok ok here we go

2. When the official JB comes out can i use Wugs (or something else) to relock my phone and get the update through verizon? Yes. Wug's toolkit will allow you to go back to bone stock. At which point the OTA should be a go

3. Is there a thread/tutorial that goes over what i can do with the superuser app? http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...ont-panic-hitchhikers-guide-galaxy-nexus.html Everything you need to know about rooting

4. So i flashed the IMM76Q and then the JB (one right after the other). For some reason, when i booted up the first time, it didnt ask me any for any information (name, accounts to sync, etc. ) Is there a way to initiate the setup wizard? I just want to make sure i didn't forget to set something up. wipe and try again???

Thanks again!

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

When the official JB comes out can i use Wugs (or something else) to relock my phone and get the update through verizon?

I see this question all the time and I honestly don't get it. Why would you want to revert back to stock just to get the same exact update from Verizon?

The Verizon OTA is not going to have any special features in it that this version doesn't...its gonna be the exact same thing.

Meh...different strokes I guess, but I'll never understand it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I see this question all the time and I honestly don't get it. Why would you want to revert back to stock just to get the same exact update from Verizon?

The Verizon OTA is not going to have any special features in it that this version doesn't...its gonna be the exact same thing.

While that's not confirmed, it's likely. The official 4.0.4 that leaked was the same thing as the leaked one.

AndrewLopez

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site

Well I'd also like to relock it for warranty purposes. If you aren't going to answer my questions then maybe you should keep your complaints to yourself troll.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Well I'd also like to relock it for warranty purposes. If you aren't going to answer my questions then maybe you should keep your complaints to yourself troll.

Easy now. Let's not attack each other over trivial matters :p.

And it didn't ask you for information because an update doesn't wipe (or require wiping) data. If you wipe data ("factory reset"), then you'll need to sign in again.

Last edited:

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

I wasn't attacking you, and certainly not you in particular...just merely trying to understand this mentality in general.

It's like people act like the leaked version is something some kid wrote down in his mom's basement, and the Verizon version will be a "professional" version.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I wasn't attacking you, and certainly not you in particular...just merely trying to understand this mentality in general.

It's like people act like the leaked version is something some kid wrote down in his mom's basement, and the Verizon version will be a "professional" version.

Correct. Like I said earlier, if this follows the 4.0.4 leak ==> update, nothing will change and it will be literally, bit for bit, the same thing. Particularly the radios which are outstanding.

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

This is what I woke up to this morning...an OTA update to Jelly Bean! :) It is so fast and smooth.

Screenshot_2012-09-21-06-41-02.pngScreenshot_2012-09-21-06-42-16 (1).png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463