Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 374
Like Tree60Likes
  1. #51  

    Default Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

    can anyone get the My Verizon app working?
  2. #52  

    Default

    Ok I bought my gnex a few weeks ago and I am already on IMM76Q. What do I need to do?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  3. #53  
    mr.wizard's Avatar

    Posts
    237 Posts
    ROM
    CM10 nightly/CleanROM 2.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bnails21 View Post
    Ok I bought my gnex a few weeks ago and I am already on IMM76Q. What do I need to do?
    You can skip Step 1, and skip the part where you install IMM76Q (since you have it already)...but be sure to unlock your device first.
    Thanked by:
  4. #54  
    cj100570's Avatar
    Spoken Word

    Posts
    415 Posts
    Global Posts
    456 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

    Default Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Yes. And it'll be unrooted, so there's that lol.
    I'm afraid it didn't get rid of root on mine and I'm not a fan of root. Is there any way of getting rid of rot without having to go back to stock 4.0.2 and going through the whole process again? I really don't want to have to wipe this phone but root is one of those things that I like to avoid.
    It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!
  5. #55  
    Dr0me's Avatar

    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

    Default Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

    Quote Originally Posted by cj100570 View Post
    I'm afraid it didn't get rid of root on mine and I'm not a fan of root. Is there any way of getting rid of rot without having to go back to stock 4.0.2 and going through the whole process again? I really don't want to have to wipe this phone but root is one of those things that I like to avoid.
    if you are not unlocked already, you cannot flash updates. unlocking automatically wipes your phone but then you will be able to flash updates. If you are on stock ICS, once you unlock, you flash from 76k --> 76Q--> JB and will never have rooted your phone.. if you were already rooted you will lose root i believe. Once you are running JB you can flash the stock recovery and relock your bootloader and be completely stock on the build. I did exactly that earlier today and my work emails are working since it is completely stock, non root and non unlock and buttery jelly amazingness.

    if you are already unlocked and rooted you can just unroot using superSU

    Quote Originally Posted by fmorariu View Post
    can anyone get the My Verizon app working?
    pretty sure 99.999% of people on these forums force stopped and disabled that app with in 30 seconds of getting their phone.
    Google Android Affectionado
  6. #56  
    cj100570's Avatar
    Spoken Word

    Posts
    415 Posts
    Global Posts
    456 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

    Default Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

    Quote Originally Posted by agalvin13 View Post
    if you are not unlocked already, you cannot flash updates. unlocking automatically wipes your phone but then you will be able to flash updates. Once you flash stock 4.04 --> 76Q--> JB you will lose root i believe. Once you are running JB you can flash the stock recovery and relock your bootloader and be completely stock on the build. I did exactly that earlier today and my work emails are working since it is completely stock and amazing.

    if you are already unlocked and rooted you can just unroot using superSU
    I've been unlocked since I got the phone on release day. I rooted and flashed the JB file but root persisted after the update. I reverted back to 4.0.4 and then flashed again. You actually don't need root if you're on IMM76Q. Oh well, I guess wiping my phone was overdo. I'm enjoying unrooted JB now.
    It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!
  7. #57  
    Dr0me's Avatar

    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

    Default Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

    Quote Originally Posted by cj100570 View Post
    I've been unlocked since I got the phone on release day. I rooted and flashed the JB file but root persisted after the update. I reverted back to 4.0.4 and then flashed again. You actually don't need root if you're on IMM76Q. Oh well, I guess wiping my phone was overdo. I'm enjoying unrooted JB now.
    well if it is any consolation i went through the process of restoring my phone all day with the new build but i can say with absolutely certainty it was worth it. Enjoy!!
    Google Android Affectionado
    cj100570 likes this.
  8. #58  
    cj100570's Avatar
    Spoken Word

    Posts
    415 Posts
    Global Posts
    456 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

    Default Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

    Definitely worth it. I had used a few of the ROMs out there and even compiled my own. I prefer the official leaks and OTA route though. Been rooting/flashing since my OG Droid. I'm on Androind phone #6 and I'm so over that habit.
    It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!
  9. #59  
    joshua.worth's Avatar
    Android Guru

    Posts
    620 Posts
    Global Posts
    852 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

    Default

    Anyone see any improvements in Wifi signal strength with the new radios?



    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  10. #60  

    Default Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

    This thread should be in the VZW Nexus Rooting and ROMing section, not this one.
  11. #61  
    ChuckG73's Avatar

    Posts
    1,440 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,489 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

    it's not rooting if I understand correctly, that is why it is here.
    Thanked by:
  12. #62  
    Bluelens's Avatar

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

    Default Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

    Does anyone know if there is any advantage to using this or the OTA that is linked one page 1 over Bugless Beast?
    -posted via my mimeograph machine
  13. #63  

    Default Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

    I have the BB JB Rom, are those radios as good as the ones mentioned in this thread?
  14. #64  
    Bluelens's Avatar

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

    Default Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

    Quote Originally Posted by dash813 View Post
    I have the BB JB Rom, are those radios as good as the ones mentioned in this thread?
    I just flashed the new radios found in this thread on AC. I am in the basement of a building so I haven't been able to test out the effectiveness of the new radios. From what I have read it is a 50/50 for people - some have seen great improvements and some have not. I figured why not give them a go and at least have the latest radios.
    -posted via my mimeograph machine
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
    This thread should be in the VZW Nexus Rooting and ROMing section, not this one.
    Considering the nature of what it is (a Verizon OTA) and the general interest level amongst folks, I put it here.

    Sent from my Nexus 7
    Thanked by 2:
    sfbates likes this.
  16. #66  

    Default Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

    Runs great! No issues seen yet and I'm about 24 hours deep on this! Thanks again
    dmmarck likes this.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

    Quote Originally Posted by sfbates View Post
    Runs great! No issues seen yet and I'm about 24 hours deep on this! Thanks again
    Great, glad to hear it! Post some screenshots, eh?
    Thanked by:
  18. #68  
    sbomb's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

    Default Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

    Followed the instructions while using Wug's Toolkit and had no problem coming from stock ICS.

    Was locked and not rooted so I simply created an android backup file, saved my media as usual, backed up SMS, Call Logs and Contacts.

    Very easy to do, even for a noob like myself and now I won't have to impatiently wait for OTA.
    dmmarck and 2defmouze like this.
  19. #69  
    Erckul's Avatar

    Posts
    189 Posts
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy's Jellybean 4.2.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Here's a flashable version of the OTA, courtesy of Droid-Life. Flash it like any other rom, so follow normal flashing procedures .
    I read a comment on Droid life that installing this zip causes loss of root, but phone remains unlocked.

    Am I correct that if this occurs, I will be able to receive the official OTA when it's pushed? If so, this is a winning situation IMO.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #70  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

    Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    I read a comment on Droid life that installing this zip causes loss of root, but phone remains unlocked.

    Am I correct that if this occurs, I will be able to receive the official OTA when it's pushed? If so, this is a winning situation IMO.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Installing any OTA will cause you to lose root. You can (1) install OTA rootkeeper, or (2) flash the superuser.zip I have in the second (I think lol) post.

    Regarding taking the OTA, you will need to be on whatever the latest official release is. You see how you need to be on IMM76Q for this to work? That is probably what you will need to be on for the official OTA. Again, if it mirrors IMM76K, this has a good chance of being that OTA, but never say never!
    Thanked by:
    Erckul 
    2defmouze likes this.
  21. #71  
    Dr0me's Avatar

    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

    Default Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Installing any OTA will cause you to lose root. You can (1) install OTA rootkeeper, or (2) flash the superuser.zip I have in the second (I think lol) post.

    Regarding taking the OTA, you will need to be on whatever the latest official release is. You see how you need to be on IMM76Q for this to work? That is probably what you will need to be on for the official OTA. Again, if it mirrors IMM76K, this has a good chance of being that OTA, but never say never!
    sort of odd in my opinion you have to come from imm76Q to use this.. Makes me think they will push them out one after the other?? I hope there isnt a gap in between.. well i guess i dont care since i already flashed it..

    Or maybe even the OTA will be the same build but takes you from 76k to JB?
    Google Android Affectionado
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #72  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agalvin13 View Post
    sort of odd in my opinion you have to come from imm76Q to use this.. Makes me think they will push them out one after the other?? I hope there isnt a gap in between.. well i guess i dont care since i already flashed it..

    Or maybe even the OTA will be the same build but takes you from 76k to JB?
    I agree with you. I think it is the most perplexing thing about this, and I hope the final one just skips it altogether.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  23. #73  
    greyhd's Avatar

    Posts
    387 Posts
    Global Posts
    648 Global Posts

    Default Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

    Quote Originally Posted by dash813 View Post
    I have the BB JB Rom, are those radios as good as the ones mentioned in this thread?
    I flashed the radios only over the Euroskank JB Rom and the new radios are just a bit better for me. I notice better speed when switching between wifi and 4G signals.
  24. #74  

    Default Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

    dmmarck I am officially in love with you... I have been having the radio cycling issue on the nexus since day one... The radios fixed that issue... I'm finally able to use my phone on 4G... Thank you...

    Thank you...
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  25. #75  
    daikens28's Avatar

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

    Default Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

    Hey guys,

    I have a question for everyone who uses this now in terms of the signal. Has the signal strength improved on the device? I know there have been issues of service dropping but my nexus always had very weak 4G reception compared to other phones. I didn't know if this made it stronger or pick up 4G better or what. Any answers would be appreciated.

    Thanks!
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions