Does buying GN at full price guarantee unlimited forever or not?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I know I can't get upgraded pricing on Verizon smartphones and keep unlimited. I'm cool with
that.

However, I stopped by the local Verizon Wireless corporate-owned store to buy a Galaxy
Nexus at full retail price.($$$) The manager was ringing up my purchase and activating the
phone on my current my unlimited. He assured me that my unlimited plan will still be there
after he completes the transaction. However, he warned me that just because I bought the
phone at full retail price, I should expect to be able to keep unlimited plan forever. I asked
him what he meant by "forever" and he said Verizon can kick me off unlimited plan if VZW
corporate decides to kick all grandfathered unlimited plans off. He went on to say that
VZW has the legal right to do so, since I no longer have a contract with them. (which is
true)

The manager was very friendly and told me that if I'm not happy with this, I can bring
the phone back within the next 14 days and get a full refund. He indicated that he had
to give me that info because corporate made all the stores do it.

Here's what he said: (exact quote) "you will have your unlimited because you paid
full retail for this Galaxy Nexus today... however, if we decide to stop offering
unlimited, say, in February, for example, than you're out of luck... since you don't
have a contract with us... you're grandfathered in right now, but that just a courtesy
to our loyal customers, not a legal/contractual obligation"

I don't dispute the fact that Verizon can stop offering unlimited, even to those who
are grandfathered in. On the other hand, if Verizon does stop unlimited plans in
a few months, I will probably feel cheated because I was tricked into buying a
Galaxy Nexus at full retail price today.... or am I wrong?

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure at some point it will go away there is no avoiding it all we can do is hang on for as long as we can

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure at some point it will go away there is no avoiding it all we can do is hang on for as long as we can

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Pretty much, I got mine used so I could keep my unlimited data and plan on holding onto it with a death grip until they throw me off it. And when they do, I'll go to sprint, Tmobile or maybe even straight Talk the same day because I'll be off contract.

From an Eclipsed GNEX

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000