Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By NickA
  • 1 Post By majiklantrn
  • 4 Post By majiklantrn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Labeled Me A Security Risk

So I took advantage of the "Switch Device" on their website between my iPhone 4s and Galaxy Nexus. I don't remember how many times I switched but apparently Verizon has flagged me as a security risk and has locked me out of doing device switching. I won't be able to switch back to my Nexus until my next billing cycle.

I was wondering if anyone has every heard of this? I wasn't able to find anything in their TOS concerning how many times you can switch.

I bounce between my iPhone and Rezound all the time. Just call *611 and tell them to take the block off.

Sent from my tricked out Iphone!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

How many times do you switch?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: Verizon Labeled Me A Security Risk

So I called Verizon and they said there is a limit of 5 times in a billing cycle. There is nothing they can do since its built into their system.

The rep said that my account is banned from all 4g devices until the 17th of the month. So I better hope that I don't break my iPhone. *sigh*

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.04 IMM76K

It's because your switching back and forth to a different sim card, for the iphone. I think its fine if you just switch to a 4g phone and use the same sim card.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It's actually on the same SIM.

Global Posts
    6,684 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I didn't realize there was a limit to how many times you swapped phones out.

sent from my Nexus
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yep! It's lame... I didn't know there was a limit either. It would've been nice if they disclosed the limitation.

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by majiklantrn View Post
    So I called Verizon and they said there is a limit of 5 times in a billing cycle. There is nothing they can do since its built into their system.
    Quote Originally Posted by trigun123478 View Post
    It's because your switching back and forth to a different sim card, for the iphone. I think its fine if you just switch to a 4g phone and use the same sim card.
    I've switched between my GNex and Razr Maxx at least a dozen times in one day. When I first got the Maxx, I was comparing things between the two, mainly signal strength in different areas, and would pop that sim between the two phones constantly.

It's the 3G 4G thing. You can do it numerous times between 4G phones as there is no activation involved.
    Edwill86 likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Yeah, the SIM helps with switching between the 4g phones. I'll just wait...

Also, going from Iphone to android or vice versa causes a change of data plans. Even though you maintain the same plan, in the Verizon system it has to be coded different.

Even if you had the micro sim for the iPhone and put it into an adapter for the android phone, you could not simply swap out and go, even when the new LTE iPhone comes. Perhaps I will be wrong on that last one, but when I switched from blackberry to android, the system had to show a change of code.

Sent from my tricked out Iphone!

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trigun123478 View Post
    I am not an iPhone expert, but I don't think the CDMA 3g iPhone at Verizon uses a sim card. At least all other CDMA 3g Verizon phones I am familiar with do not have a sim card unless they have international capabilities. Rumor has it that iPhone 5 on Verizon will be a 4g LTE phone so switching with the new iPhone may not be an issue if the rumors prove true.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I read the samething concerning the nano sim, which kind of sucks for people that want to switch back and forth. I'm not sure if I am too excited about the iphone 5 anyway. Looks pretty close to the i4s and with them changing the connector it won't work with any of my accessories.
    Last edited by majiklantrn; 09-05-2012 at 11:23 AM.

How can an iPhone and an LTE Android be on the same sim?

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by booboolala2000 View Post
    How can an iPhone and an LTE Android be on the same sim?

I don't believe the iPhone 5 and current Android phones will be using the same SIM style. Its been rumored that iPhone 5 will use the nano SIM card.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Four more days until I'm not banned anymore!! Can't wait. They also locked some of my features.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    dmmarck likes this.

Good luck and have fun

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Unbanned and back on the V.GNex. Oh how I missed you... *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by majiklantrn View Post
    I don't believe the iPhone 5 and current Android phones will be using the same SIM style. Its been rumored that iPhone 5 will use the nano SIM card.
    They don't. My rezound has the big LTE sim, while the iphone 5 is a nano sim. IF there is an adapter that comes out to make the nano sim fit the big size, you could easily swap, and I would do it since I can get an iphone 5 for free, but I haven't seen an adapter.
    Devices:

Rooted HTC Droid Incredible
    Rooted Nook Color
    Rooted HTC Rezound
    Soon to be rooted Galaxy S4

Default Verizon Labeled Me A Security Risk

No, even with an adapter, the current 4g sim will not work in an iPhone and he Iphone nano will not work in the android. I tried using my sim from my Rezound and while it would show I was connected to the Verizon service, they could not activate it in my iPhone as the iPhone sim is laid out a bit different than the standard 4g sim.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I had the exact, same problem with Vz and I even ended up changing phone numbers to "get around" it....lesson learned. In my case it was switching back and forth from 4G (Glxy Nex) to 3G (iPhone 4S)....got the same lame story you all did about data issues and only 2 switches per billing cycle. What a load...in Europe they have no such problems. You buy a phone (mostly GSM over there) and you have your sim card and you can use it multiple times on any phone you want. Not here. I used to have the Glxy Nex and the S III and switched back and forth repeatedly with those two...it was doing the 3G deal that got me thrown under the bus. As I said, I chose not to wait and gave up a much loved and great phone number I had ported around since my first cell phone with Cingular! Thanks a lot Verizon.