Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By raffitou
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Default Missed notifications driving me nuts!!

Love the Samsung Nexus on Verizon but the notifications are driving me nuts in that they are so quit and that they don't repeat if missed.

Using the app Zedge I can download different notifications which really helps with the loudness issue but it still only does it once like your phone ringing once and not repeating.

I use my text messaging for critical communication with work and I can't always hear the notification on the first ring.

My question, is there a way to make the notifications repeat???

Thanks,

R.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Default Re: Missed notifications driving me nuts!!

Forgot to mention that with the Zedge app, using "loud beeping" the notification is the best I found for long and loud notification but doesn't address the issue of notifications repeating. I'd like it to repeat on an every minute or so pattern until acknowledged.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

R.

Project Glass and you won't miss a thing.

I constantly check my messages so I haven't missed anything critical yet. Vibrate and notify works well for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Is that an app? Didn't find it in the app store?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Get Light Flow. More notifications than you could ever want or need.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 - LTE.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Tried Light Flow, seemed really cumbersome with so many settings that I thought I might screw up my phone. All I need is to simply repeat the notifications if I don't hear it the first time. Something simple that I can set up. Light Flow was way to complex and seemed to do way to much to the phone.

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by raffitou View Post
    Love the Samsung Nexus on Verizon but the notifications are driving me nuts in that they are so quit and that they don't repeat if missed.

Using the app Zedge I can download different notifications which really helps with the loudness issue but it still only does it once like your phone ringing once and not repeating.

I use my text messaging for critical communication with work and I can't always hear the notification on the first ring.

Thanks,

R.
    I'm not sure what app you use for your text messages, but GoSMS has a feature in the notification settings where you can set the # of reminder notifications for your texts from 1 to constantly repeating.
    nerds are super heroes too!!!!!

Global Posts
    2,572 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Try Volume +

In addition to GoSMS, Handcent also has the feature of enabling repeating of the notification.

Thanks,

R.
    I hear ya. My solution is Popup Notifier, an app located here. It will consolidate all of your notifications in one place that will pop up on top of anything else. You can have different sounds for each kind of notification.

I highly recommend it.

ROM
    Stock/Franco

If u can get your head around light flow it really seems like its what your looking for. I know the settings menus can seem a bit overwhelming but its worth it for what it does.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

I use Droid Notify Pro- there is a free version to try, the only app I cannot be without, has a big pop up and sounds at intervals you define.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Found it, app called Missed Call Reminder. Simple to set up, and separately controls missed calls and missed texts with repeat alerts that I can set up to recur as frequently as every minute. It's FREE. Give it a try. Thanks to all those who offered advide.

Thanked by:
    Martin Turney likes this.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Found it, app called Missed Call Reminder. Simple to set up, and separately controls missed calls and missed texts with repeat alerts that I can set up to recur as frequently as every minute. It's FREE. Give it a try. Thanks to all those who offered advide.

Same author as Droid Notify, which I think includes this and other reminders.