Stock Nexus G did a complete reset in my pocket.

IcerC

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I was in Gainesville seeing a friend and tried to use the map but it wasn't working. The browser worked but the maps didn't so I turned it off. 15 minutes later I turn it on to see "Welcome to android"

Everything gone.

I lost all my games progress, half way through gta and long bouts of penguin surfing in ski safari being the most bothersome. I also lost all my pictures and videos of my trip hiking and going to a concert with my friend. It was set to back up over wifi but fate couldn't wait until starbucks later that day.

Not sure how it happened. The only way I can see this happening, though super improbable is a factory reset, right?(Maybe just the phones perfect angle, my perfect thigh muscles, and the fact I had on Brazilian briefs that turned it on and clicked perfectly though the menus to reset?)

It's not a huge deal this time but I really don't want it happening again. I don't want a lock screen or a case but if you have any other ideas I'm all ears on how this happened and what I could do to prevent it.

Thanks

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah never had that happen and that's the first I've heard of it happening. "Freak accident" is all I can think.

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'd say you're taking it all in stride, if that was me I probably would be close to needing ambulatory services with all the apps and settings I have in place and for them to be all GONE like that!! I'd definitely have to call in sick for work for sure!!! ( haha) :D:D:D

Sent from Alexis Nexus

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Definitely sounds like a freak accident. On a positive note, you can unlock/root now if you'd like without worrying about losing that type of stuff:)

Before any of that, you should download a file explorer app such as AirDroid, Astro, etc. and make sure "it's" not on your sd card. Just a thought. Way to be mellow too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21