weird issues

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I recently have been getting weird issues with my gnex and I am looking to see if you guys have any ideas as to what might be going on.
Now this is the first time I have had ANY real issue with my phone since I have had it (Jan 11)

First,random reboots: happened 4 times in one day. once while nav was working the rest streaming music (i have since disabled enhanced sound in francos kernel updater and have not had any reboots that I have seen. (is this a known issue with that setting?)

second and most critical, Screen locking/device freezing: it becomes unresponsive to screen touches and hard key presses. only fix is to pull the battery. It has happened while navigating, playing music, and this morning my alarm went off so I hit "dismiss" and it froze with the alarm buttons still on the screen (thank god the alarm sound stopped though)

third is the wifi,4g/phone signal bars not turning blue when they connect to service. (i know its common but it just started after 8 months.

I am running 4.0.4 Stock recovery, unlocked and rooted francos milestone 4 @1.3ghz on francos updater app. (was running nightly r195 @1.4ghz but thought maybe that was causing my issues, issues have continued since going to the stable milestone 4)

thanks

edit: I dont know if this is relevant but the first 2 issues happened mostly when charging form what I can tell. I do have usb fast charge ON in the kernel updater would that have any impact on normal wall charging?

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
flashed Franco's r196 384 gpu instead of the 512gpu this time and I have not had a restart or freeze in 2 days (knock on wood)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
flashed Franco's r196 384 gpu instead of the 512gpu this time and I have not had a restart or freeze in 2 days (knock on wood)

Yeah for some reason GPU overclock works well on some phones (mine has never had a problem with it) yet terribly with others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007