Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Default Re: anyone got in trouble for using 100gb/month on VZW Galaxy Nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    FALSE sprint and tmobile is unlimited now only because they arent tryin to milk their customers like big red and blue and sprint is good in my area YMMV though

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    TRUE. Spring coverage pales compared to AT&T and Verizon.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Like I said in YOUR AREA in my area sprint and us cellular has good coverage and speeds with Verizon right there too att and tmobile sucks in keeping calls and data within buildings I got wimax ALL OVER CHICAGO

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rocking Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    ICS

TMobile does suck...dropped them for Verizon fast

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    6,879 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

I don't even use 100GB at home....with 4 smartphones, 2 desktops, 2 laptops, and 2 tablets....lol.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    hell_on_heels likes this.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Just so you guys know the whole "VZW can't charge for tethering" argument only applies to people on the shared data plans. They can still do whatever should they find out people on unlimited data plans tether without paying for the $30 tethering package.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Default Re: anyone got in trouble for using 100gb/month on VZW Galaxy Nex

Quote Originally Posted by mwara244 View Post
    Also, the FCC will be testing randomly in all cities, every mobile network 3g, 4g. hspa, wimax, all of them and release that info for consumers to have a fair advantage for true information and getting their money's worth for the data they pay for, I saw on attack of the show on g4tv. Because all the carriers seem to be lying on who has more coverage and fastest speeds and unlimited isn't really unlimited and so on.
    I don't use 100GB a month on my LAPTOP, let alone my phone.

Yep...Once Verizon got some saturation on their LTE network their speeds dropped drastically. I remember stories of 40Mbps, and now in my area, it's 17Mbps in the middle of the night, and 7-8Mbps when everyone's up. Their coverage map is really "optimistic" also.
    mwara244 likes this.

I'm not going to tell someone how much data they should or should not use, but I will say that some of the people that brag about using as much as they do, need a freaking life.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    I'm not going to tell someone how much data they should or should not use, but I will say that some of the people that brag about using as much as they do, need a freaking life.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Exactly its data hogs that give everyone else a bad name.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net
    CrazyRussian007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    I actually have a life! When I go out with friends you would be surprised how there is always at one point or another talk about videos on the internet, pictures on facebook, new apps, amazing games, etc. and everything I just listed uses data (some more than others). Rather than fumble through my settings searching for a WiFi connection and connecting (typical iPhone user) I would rather just use my 4G because
    1) its normally a million times faster (maybe exaggerating a little there but its a big difference)
    2) security on Verizon is much better than that of a public connection
    3) Easier to use. I'm not asking my friends for WiFi passwords, etc.

Also at my school we are basically aloud to do whatever we want (Its a VERY small pre-collegiate school) so I normally stream music from Google or Pandora about 5 hours a day and then theres normally about an hour or so of Youtube in between there. You would be surprised at how much I rely on YouTube for things relating to school! Its so much easier than listening to a blabbering teacher plus a lot of our homework is internet based so if I need a quick refresher or recap of the days lesson there is always a YouTube video that relates. Also between 3 email accounts syncing every 10 minutes during the day (teachers get very mad when you don't reply / listen to their emails) I can burn through some GB of data!

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Maybe I missed it but has anyone actually been caught from using massive data? I'm at 42 gig and I'm getting nervous.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by Bond32 View Post
    Maybe I missed it but has anyone actually been caught from using massive data? I'm at 42 gig and I'm getting nervous.

Don't be.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 8/3

I don't think you'll hear from those who've used more than around 50GB of data, I believe in your T&Cs on the Verizon contract you signed up to being removed from society and sent to work as part of the underground slave network they rely on so heavily to provide the cell coverage. Sadly once people cross that 50GB threshold they're never heard from again.... at 42GB I would be getting really nervous too....
    Make sure you've said your goodbye's to your loved ones, it could happen any day now.

Seriously though, if you have an unlimited data package there's nothing they can do apart from limit your bandwidth (you were never signed up for unlimited data at max speed) until the end of the billing cycle and at worst they'll send you a letter asking you to not to do it again. If you get several letters indicating 'abuse' of their network, they may have some legal stance to remove you from their network, (just guessing here) but if you haven't had warnings already I don't think there's anything you should worry about.
    Thanked by:
    Bond32 

ROM
    ICS

What do.you do with.42 gigs a month?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Exactly its data hogs that give everyone else a bad name.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    This statement is PURE comedy lol. WHAT THAT MAN OR MYSELF DO WITH THEIR DATA THEY PAY FOR IS THEY BIZ. If the carrier has a probem they got it handled.

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Bond32 

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

I was going to post a snotty response but that sums it up lol. Also what bad name?? So those of us that actually use unlimited data to the fullest give people that use "normal" amounts of data a bad name? And what name was that?

4G LTE Thunderbolt
    Thanked by:
    Champion1229 likes this.

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    ROM
    changes all the time

that is rediculous.....do you guys work for a living....lol
    i feel like i use my phone quite a bit, and i am at around 10gb/month maybe a little more if i am traveling and tethering.
    but i also have wifi at home, so that would increase it quite a bit.
    You know your rooted when bootloops don't scare you anymore.

I was going to post a snotty response but that sums it up lol. Also what bad name?? So those of us that actually use unlimited data to the fullest give people that use "normal" amounts of data a bad name? And what name was that?

Those names are not to be mentioned out loud........

sorry, couldnt help myself

Quote Originally Posted by turdbogls View Post
    i feel like i use my phone quite a bit, and i am at around 10gb/month maybe a little more if i am traveling and tethering.
    Read my post above!

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

I'm a poor college student who can't afford Internet so I do everything from my phone.

4G LTE Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by turdbogls View Post
    Maybe they got laid off? It's 2012, after all. :P

But seriously, employment status means nothing. I'm a full-time lawyer in a very busy private practice, and I easily burn through 40GB a month. I sync tons of files to Box and Google Drive (including TV shows I record on Tivo and watch on my phone while commuting 2 hours every day), watch Netflix every day at the gym, stream Sirius like 5 hours a day, and regularly back up the pics and video of my kids to the cloud (to make room for more -- uploads count just as much as downloads). And I do it over 4G because its faster than the crappy wi-fi connection at work.

Verizon didn't switch to tiered and shared plans because unlimited was breaking them, they did it because EVERYBODY has a smartphone now. 0.5% of users using 100GB of data every month is absolutely nothing compared to 95% of users using 3GB every month. It is simple supply and demand, and the demand is informed by everybody carrying around a YouTube/Netflix access-point in their pocket in 2012, not the handful of nerds who have figured out how to tether without paying the exorbitant monthly fee.
    Thanked by:
    Champion1229 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary View Post
    Maybe they got laid off? It's 2012, after all. :P

But seriously, employment status means nothing. I'm a full-time lawyer in a very busy private practice, and I easily burn through 40GB a month. I sync tons of files to Box and Google Drive (including TV shows I record on Tivo and watch on my phone while commuting 2 hours every day), watch Netflix every day at the gym, stream Sirius like 5 hours a day, and regularly back up the pics and video of my kids to the cloud (to make room for more -- uploads count just as much as downloads). And I do it over 4G because its faster than the crappy wi-fi connection at work.

Verizon didn't switch to tiered and shared plans because unlimited was breaking them, they did it because EVERYBODY has a smartphone now. 0.5% of users using 100GB of data every month is absolutely nothing compared to 95% of users using 3GB every month. It is simple supply and demand, and the demand is informed by everybody carrying around a YouTube/Netflix access-point in their pocket in 2012, not the handful of nerds who have figured out how to tether without paying the exorbitant monthly fee.
    You might want to try DropBox for automatic uploading and backups of pictures / videos. I use it and if you have any HTC device and log into the app on that device it will automatically add anywhere from 2GB to 25GB of space for free! Its especially helpful when paired with the companion app for PC / Mac because its an almost instantaneous upload (when on 4G) and the pictures automatically appear in a folder on the PC / Mac. Oh and also for tethering try FoxFi, one click and theres an open connection for up to 8 devices to connect to!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    I never have. But if u want to know why they are phasing out unlimited that's why. People that use 100gb. Smh

Sent from my galaxy nexus running jelly bean!
    Yeah seriously, lol I used to think me going over 5g was too much
    nothing nothing nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Champion1229 View Post
    You might want to try DropBox for automatic uploading and backups of pictures / videos. I use it and if you have any HTC device and log into the app on that device it will automatically add anywhere from 2GB to 25GB of space for free! Its especially helpful when paired with the companion app for PC / Mac because its an almost instantaneous upload (when on 4G) and the pictures automatically appear in a folder on the PC / Mac. Oh and also for tethering try FoxFi, one click and theres an open connection for up to 8 devices to connect to!
    Great tip about the HTC promo! I knew I was keeping that old Incredible around for something. I will have to give that a shot since I'm running up against my Google storage ceiling.

(And I'm all over the free tethering -- I just use the hotspot toggle in Extended Controls -- no need for a stand-alone app like FoxFi. I just don't have much use for it unless I'm traveling.)
    Champion1229 likes this.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,023 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

His name is Voldemort......but only Harry Potter is allowed to say it.

I use over 150gb a Month, And I still get speeds up to 15 to 20 mbps, haha love unlimited data, and not they wont throttle me
    Thanked by:
    Bond32 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast