Will iPhone 5 launch bog down LTE network?

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Will the millions of new people on the LTE network slow the speeds down at all, or do you think it won't make a difference?

As a side note, I talked to someone recently who has had the iphone 4s ever since it came out and insisted it was 4g. They thought it was called the iphone 4g instead of the iphone 4s, lol, I don't know why apple decided to add LTE when their users are too stupid to know the difference.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Will the millions of new people on the LTE network slow the speeds down at all, or do you think it won't make a difference?

As a side note, I talked to someone recently who has had the iphone 4s ever since it came out and insisted it was 4g. They thought it was called the iphone 4g instead of the iphone 4s, lol, I don't know why apple decided to add LTE when their users are too stupid to know the difference.

Most definitely, unfortunately :\

I've watched 4G speeds get noticeably slower over the year since last September, and that's just people getting new Androids. We'll almost definitely see some impact as the billion or so iSheep get their yearly 'upgrade' soon, lol.

weasle543

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Most definitely, unfortunately :\

I've watched 4G speeds get noticeably slower over the year since last September, and that's just people getting new Androids. We'll almost definitely see some impact as the billion or so iSheep get their yearly 'upgrade' soon, lol.

But they won't be keeping unlimited data if they get the ipV at subsidized prices.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Im really not the worried about this. One of the advantages of LTE is the ability to easily add bandwidth when needed. We may see some issues at first but overall the network will be able to handle it. VZW after has the best network in the country.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
It's not going to be any worse than when the iPhone came to Verizon. Plus verizon is always upgrading their towers so in don't think it will be a issue

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I would hope Verizon has been ramping up their network in anticipation. On a sidenote, I saw this:
First Look: iPhone 5 - YouTube

Half of those people had iPhones too....
To be fair, a co-worker had a Verizon GNex, same as mine, but different cases. I asked him if he was rooted, and he said no, so I traded him phones for a minute to see what stock Verizon looked like. When we traded back he asked what kind of phone did I have....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It's not going to be any worse than when the iPhone came to Verizon. Plus verizon is always upgrading their towers so in don't think it will be a issue

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

I disagree.. When I got my Bionic last september, 4G was faster than my wifi easily. I've have watched it steadily decline in speed over the last year. It's still world's better than 3G don't get me wrong, but right now it's below my wifi and I've watched the descent. I am sure a sudden influx of a million iPhone users will do it no kindness, lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Csan508

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Im really not the worried about this. One of the advantages of LTE is the ability to easily add bandwidth when needed. We may see some issues at first but overall the network will be able to handle it. VZW after has the best network in the country.

They might say that but the sad truth is that no one has built a new network so you have all of the older equipment

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
LTE will die. We will never have good data speeds again, thanks apple. PINCH ME! I just woke up and realized they can't surf and talk at the same time on VZW. I guess it is back to normal.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The LTE pipeline can handle much more data and simultaneous users per tower than either of the old 3G systems, but everything has its limits. If you're in an area with a dense population, many LTE users, and few towers, there could be a problem. Then again, us Android users that still have unlimited plans haven't exactly taken it easy on this network.

And I just realized this morning that the GNex app drawer has five rows of icons. Bang.

speed4tu

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
LTE has slowed down for me in the last few months also. I used to average around 25Mbps and spike to 40 on occasions and now its around 8-10Mbps average with spikes to 15 or so

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech