Why the bell-tone alert?
OK - here's the deal. About two weeks ago, my Galaxy Nexus starting giving me a two-note bell tone notification. There is nothing in the notification bar and no pop-up. I am using LightFlow notification, but it has no audio notifications activated. Can anyone help? Thanks.
- 09-15-2012, 02:34 PM #2
- 09-15-2012, 05:05 PM #4
- 1,176 Posts
Re: Why the bell-tone alert?
The NFC chip is embedded in the battery. it allows for wireless transfer of data (web links, youtube videos, contact info, in jelly bean photos and videos form your gallery) and other cool things like making payments via google wallet. You Just press the back of your phone against a paypass terminal or another NFC enabled device you can do these things and alot more!
what Malachy is eluding to is that the NFC chip in the phone might be reacting to a card or something with an rfid/nfc type chip in it and it is trying to read it. when the NFC chip trying to send or receive it makes a noise sort of like what your describe.
see if the sound matches:
try to disable nfc and see if you stop getting the notification sound.Devices: Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7
- By Castle in forum Motorola Cliq and DextReplies: 15Last Post: 06-29-2011, 08:31 PM
- By WatermelonSlim in forum SprintReplies: 22Last Post: 09-19-2010, 02:59 AM
- By 6tr6tr in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 11Last Post: 05-28-2010, 11:27 AM
- By Libuff in forum GamesReplies: 8Last Post: 01-18-2010, 03:44 PM
- By CavemanOOGA in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 19Last Post: 12-09-2009, 02:28 PM