Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ghosting/image burn

Has anyone had a problem with this at all?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    JellyBro

Default Re: Ghosting/image burn

Yep. I used to leave my screen on (auto brightness enabled) with Slacker Radio running on my 40 minute commute to/from work. After about 4 months the display developed noticeable ghost images where all of the white control icons and dividers were. It's really freakin' annoying when you're scrolling through sites with white backgrounds . I expect VZW or Samsung would claim negligence on my part if I attempted a warranty claim.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by NRA_Bear View Post
    Yep. I used to leave my screen on (auto brightness enabled) with Slacker Radio running on my 40 minute commute to/from work. After about 4 months the display developed noticeable ghost images where all of the white control icons and dividers were. It's really freakin' annoying when you're scrolling through sites with white backgrounds . I expect VZW or Samsung would claim negligence on my part if I attempted a warranty claim.
    Doesn't hurt to try.

That is my only complaint with the super amoled style screens. They are very easy to develop screen burn ins as opposed to other styles of screens. That's at least from my experience working at att.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Yep. Got a replacement phone because of it. I now warn everybody I can about the possibility of screen burn in and I've modified my usage to hold it at bay as long as possible.

How did you go about getting a replacement phone? do you go directly to Verizon or through Samsung on your own?

I got my replacement through Verizon. You can send your phone to Samsung for them to replace the screen, but that's a two week process and you are left without a phone. I went to the Verizon store and showed them the burn in and they offered a replacement.